• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Did anyone else eye fatigue problem after the covid jab, can not look at the laptop screen much longer
    or maybe it was the sunny weather that caused it, not sure.
    Behind eyes headache but not eyes specifically.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Father-In-Law, 82, had Pfizer jab on 31st Dec, slight sore arm for a few hours but nothing else said he felt fine.

Mother-In-Law, 78, and her son, 50, had Oxford/AZ in early Feb. A few hours later both were up in the night, both wandering around delirious and both lost control of their bladder . MIL was found lying down, which we think she fell which caused another minor stroke (she had two large ones in 2019).

I know you don't get a choice and I'm all for getting a jab, but not hearing great things about the side effects of the AZ one.

Give me the Sputnik one, comrade and it will turn us automatically into a Putin spy!

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Did anyone else eye fatigue problem after the covid jab, can not look at the laptop screen much longer
        I had that as a symptom of Covid when I went down with it back in the summer. Lasted a few days.

Comment

I know 20-30 people who have had jabs of various flavours, from young (ish) carers to 50's with underlying illnesses to over 80 year olds. Not a single one has said they had a side effect worse than a sore arm for 24 hours (no more so than the annual flu jab).

Seems there is still a lot of scare mongering going on
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Beats death from covid on a ventilator (if there is one available)

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I know 20-30 people who have had jabs of various flavours, from young (ish) carers to 50's with underlying illnesses to over 80 year olds. Not a single one has said they had a side effect worse than a sore arm for 24 hours (no more so than the annual flu jab).

Seems there is still a lot of scare mongering going on
              And yet other people have reported side effects, lets make it clear all people should take the jab (unless advised otherwise by a medical professional). The point of this thread to share experiences mainly so people didn't worry too much.

Glad you know so many lucky people! My wife and I both suffered flu like symptoms as have many others we know that had the vaccine. Sore arms for days as well. They even give you a booklet explaining the side effects and how common they are, have a read.

Obviously if you had no side effects you must have a defective immune system

I have the flu jab and normally I am ok, at worst a little tired after it.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                51 soon. Asthmatic. Not even had the call yet.

They're after me, I tell's ya!
                They aren't bothered if it's not severe asthma, you'll be in with the other quinquagenarians unless you chase your GP who might help you out.

Seems like Mr. Cummings might not have been lying then?!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

And yet other people have reported side effects, lets make it clear all people should take the jab (unless advised otherwise by a medical professional). The point of this thread to share experiences mainly so people didn't worry too much.
                  Quite. There is clearly a major news push about "mild side effects" so nobody is put off, I feel this is slightly stretching the truth but probably justified.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

was injected with AZ two weeks ago.
                    sore arm for a day.
                    the only other thing is i can now find my way around London effortlessly

Comment

Thanks for sharing all the symptoms.

By the time I get the vaccine I should be permie so I'm very much looking forward to taking sick days and milking it for as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X