• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #71
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They aren't bothered if it's not severe asthma, you'll be in with the other quinquagenarians unless you chase your GP who might help you out.
    I use Fostair morning and evening, but still have 1-2 mild attacks each week (usually triggered by exercise). So maybe not as severe as some, but not mild either. Not sure I'd look forward to getting a bad bout of CV19 just in case

    I'm usually towards the front of the queue for flu vaccine, just surprised I'm way down the CV19 queue as logically this seems strange.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

    Comment


      #72
      Originally posted by vetran View Post

      And yet other people have reported side effects, lets make it clear all people should take the jab (unless advised otherwise by a medical professional). The point of this thread to share experiences mainly so people didn't worry too much.

      Glad you know so many lucky people! My wife and I both suffered flu like symptoms as have many others we know that had the vaccine. Sore arms for days as well. They even give you a booklet explaining the side effects and how common they are, have a read.

      Obviously if you had no side effects you must have a defective immune system

      I have the flu jab and normally I am ok, at worst a little tired after it.
      So the side effects for most people are no worse than the yearly flu vaccine, for which no one ever complains?

      i know some will get worse effects than others, much like the flue vaccine, but it still feels like there is a lot of scaremongering going on for the CV19 vaccine when the flu vaccine wouldn't even make a page 7 story in the Cornish Advertiser
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

      Comment


        #73
        Originally posted by jainnode View Post
        the only other thing is i can now find my way around London effortlessly
        How do you feel about FOSS or Oracle?
        "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

        I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

        Comment


          #74
          Originally posted by Whorty View Post

          So the side effects for most people are no worse than the yearly flu vaccine, for which no one ever complains?

          i know some will get worse effects than others, much like the flue vaccine, but it still feels like there is a lot of scaremongering going on for the CV19 vaccine when the flu vaccine wouldn't even make a page 7 story in the Cornish Advertiser
          Its new and shiny, next year unless its in a pill its headed for page 8.
          "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

          I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

          Comment


            #75
            I have flu jab every year, due to being on immunosuppressants, never feel a thing. Has the AZ one a few weeks ago and had cold/flu like symptoms for a day or 2.
            Father-in-law, late 60's, had it and didn't feel a thing, although he did actually have Covid a few months ago.

            Comment


              #76
              Originally posted by Whorty View Post

              So the side effects for most people are no worse than the yearly flu vaccine, for which no one ever complains?

              i know some will get worse effects than others, much like the flue vaccine, but it still feels like there is a lot of scaremongering going on for the CV19 vaccine when the flu vaccine wouldn't even make a page 7 story in the Cornish Advertiser
              CV for most is no worse than flu, so that's clearly not necessarily a good argument.
              I've seen far more people complain of moderate effects than for the flu jab - my wife has never had to take time off work for instance - but then far FAR more people are getting vaccinated than ever get the flu jab so there will be far more people with problems. Young people virtually never get a flu shot for instance, and I've no idea what uptake is in the elderly but nothing like the 95%-ish figure being talked about for CV.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

              Comment


                #77
                Covid 19 is far more likely to kill you, cause lasting issues and/or land you in hospital than the vaccine - so who cares?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                Comment


                  #78
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post

                  CV for most is no worse than flu, so that's clearly not necessarily a good argument.
                  I've seen far more people complain of moderate effects than for the flu jab - my wife has never had to take time off work for instance - but then far FAR more people are getting vaccinated than ever get the flu jab so there will be far more people with problems. Young people virtually never get a flu shot for instance, and I've no idea what uptake is in the elderly but nothing like the 95%-ish figure being talked about for CV.
                  While I agree with what you say, I've had proper flu twice and it's ******* awful. Over a week in bed both time. So you are right it's no worse but still something you wouldn't wish on anyone.

                  I had my flu jab this year for the first time and I was off my feet for the good side of two days. Hit me hard. Telling people about it I was surprised to see how many people are unwell after a flu dose. Even my parents and they've never mentioned it before. Seems there are as many have a bad turn as don't have any effects which I never realised.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                  Comment


                    #79
                    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Covid 19 is far more likely to kill you, cause lasting issues and/or land you in hospital than the vaccine - so who cares?
                    Flu is far more likely to kill you than the flu jab, but most people don't get one.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

                    Comment


                      #80
                      Originally posted by d000hg View Post

                      Flu is far more likely to kill you than the flu jab, but most people don't get one.
                      'flu is (usually) less deadly than Covid-19. And that completes the logical argument of why you should have the vaccine and arguments against it due to comparison with 'flu are a bit silly.

                      Note also that if a 'flu as deadly as covid-19 comes about, the same drive to vaccinate will be seen as for covid-19.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X