• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Had the Ox-Az vac done two weeks ago and had zero side effects despite having a number of "at risk health issues". (I also had my existing international vaccination certificate stamped at the same time). I was expecting to rest for a least the remainder of the day but it was not necessary. When the Ox-Az was tested on volunteers, 50% were give a placebo. Those reporting side effects were about equal of those who were given Ox-Az and the placebo (water). Doctors emphasised that having a positive attitude helps during illness and being vaccinated. I think much of the reported side-effects are because some people are apprehensive or worried about being vaccinated.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Lol - I had no idea it was a thing beyond the world of the wonderful Dame Edna Everage

Comment

Well now my arm is a dull ache, I slept on it a bit last night. Everything else seems fine.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Well now my arm is a dull ache, I slept on it a bit last night. Everything else seems fine.
          Did mummy give the little brave soldier boy a nice fluffy cushion for his little arm?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I had AZ was absolutely fine.
            The missus had AZ at the same time and had the chills/felt dodgy for 24 hours but then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Did mummy give the little brave soldier boy a nice fluffy cushion for his little arm?
              That's mean. He really wanted a super hero plaster for the wound site and a lollypop.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I Had the Ox-Az vac done two weeks ago and had zero side effects despite having a number of "at risk health issues". (I also had my existing international vaccination certificate stamped at the same time). I was expecting to rest for a least the remainder of the day but it was not necessary. When the Ox-Az was tested on volunteers, 50% were give a placebo. Those reporting side effects were about equal of those who were given Ox-Az and the placebo (water). Doctors emphasised that having a positive attitude helps during illness and being vaccinated. I think much of the reported side-effects are because some people are apprehensive or worried about being vaccinated.
                It's not a binary [reports|doesn't report] side effects. I doubt many who had placebos developed psychosomatic migraines and badly swollen arms, but they might well have reported low-grade symptoms.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's mean. He really wanted a super hero plaster for the wound site and a lollypop.

seriously I had the injection in my bum and you lot can kiss it better!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

51 soon. Asthmatic. Not even had the call yet.

They're after me, I tell's ya!
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Did anyone else eye fatigue problem after the covid jab, can not look at the laptop screen much longer
                      or maybe it was the sunny weather that caused it, not sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X