• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a test message from nluk, which worked fine. Perhaps this other person doesn't have PM rights or something and it's manifesting weirdly. Oh well.

Comment

I've just messaged you too.

If you want, reply with the name of who is messaging you and I can see if there's something odd with their profile.

(and no, for any conspiracy theorists, we can't read everyone's PMs)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I've just messaged you too.

If you want, reply with the name of who is messaging you and I can see if there's something odd with their profile.

(and no, for any conspiracy theorists, we can't read everyone's PMs)
        Thanks! I just did that... perhaps they have some weird settings or something.

Comment

Good news is that it's not a bug.

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that. I guess they will just need to post a few things first and have them approved - if there is a bug, it's probably the weird side effect of getting a blank PM where part of the body shows up in the email notifications, but that is probably quite low down in the order of priorities

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Good news is that it's not a bug.
              Given that I've just got a PM from a new (zero post) poster that contains text in the email but is completely blank when I visit PMs on this website I would call it a bug (well it's definitely a bug but I'm not sure which of the various different problems and solutions to put it under).

To the new poster if they read this sadly the post was from a month ago and I can't even think who emailed the Perl contract so even if I could reply I sadly can't help you.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I think I broke the forum

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2946577
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You try to make something idiot proof, and then along comes someone who takes it as a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Perhaps another gricer sockie signed up just as you posted that and the forum decided to give up.

Comment

I can't reply to HMRC webinar on umbrella risks, 4 Oct 2022 - Contractor UK Bulletin Board probably because the url ends in a number...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X