• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Are the forums broken in some way? The last 3 posts in NL payroll providers - Contractor UK Bulletin Board make zero sense there and seem to be connected to a completely different thread regarding professional indemnity insurance
    Just seen that. I assumed Lance had posted in the wrong thread and we'd just carried on but on second look that's highly unlikely.

As to whether the forums are broken in some way? Well...erm
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe it's a feature but you can rate your own threads. Mine are all going to be 5* now.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Maybe it's a feature but you can rate your own threads. Mine are all going to be 5* now.
        Only if no-one votes lower...

Comment

From a different forum

The big news this month is big news indeed, in the next 7 to 10 days we will have a brand new site with a new look and a lot more speed and functionality. We have been doing a lot of testing behind the scenes for some weeks now and have determined that vB5 (the forum software we use) is basically a piece of crap. Whereas vB4 had 75% of the market, vB5 holds less than 17% and as far as we can see that’s for good reason.

We therefore have made the decision to go over to xenForo who are the new market leaders in forum software for medium to large format forums. .... At that load the forum is still 10x faster than the current one whilst running on a far less powerful (test) server. We are sure you will be impressed by the speed and efficiency of the new version.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From a different forum

The big news this month is big news indeed, in the next 7 to 10 days we will have a brand new site with a new look and a lot more speed and functionality. We have been doing a lot of testing behind the scenes for some weeks now and have determined that vB5 (the forum software we use) is basically a piece of crap. Whereas vB4 had 75% of the market, vB5 holds less than 17% and as far as we can see that’s for good reason.

We therefore have made the decision to go over to xenForo who are the new market leaders in forum software for medium to large format forums. .... At that load the forum is still 10x faster than the current one whilst running on a far less powerful (test) server. We are sure you will be impressed by the speed and efficiency of the new version.
            Might be worth looking into.

A few years ago (OK, about a decade), a forum I was involved with switched from vB to Huddler. Huddler had a great sales pitch, and the concept was pretty clever, but after a couple of years, Huddler pulled the plug and gave all their fora a matter of weeks to backup their data.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Could we move the Umbrella section on to the front page.

We've now had a number of new posters starting threads in general because the Umbrella forum isn't obvious..

Comment

Just received a PM that is completely blank. Not sure whether that is a bug or user error, but half of it came through in an email, so it doesn’t seem like user error.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Just received a PM that is completely blank. Not sure whether that is a bug or user error, but half of it came through in an email, so it doesn’t seem like user error.
                  Sure they've not done something stupid like setting the text to be white?

Comment

Sure they've not done something stupid like setting the text to be white?
                    Ha! But, no, there’s no message body whatsoever when viewed through the Inbox, but the email notification suggests a body did exist at some point. Weird.

Comment

PMs are fubared for me. We're having a blank conversation back and forth, same for the person I'm speaking with (the only reason I know is that I can see the partial body via the e-mail notifications)

Comment

Working...
                      X