• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I wonder at what point it's worth rolling back
    We went through all this eleven years ago, when everybody whinged like buggery about the then-new forum software they now want back

Comment

Note to self: "Last edited…" messages aren't showing the reason for editing, should the user have provided one.

Comment

Why doesn't the app work?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Firstly, this 'upgraded' version feels like it was developed by an 8 year old. And not one of the clever ones from another country.

Secondly, when I try to reply to the thread at MVL before 3rd Mar 2021 - Contractor UK Bulletin Board , I get the error message:-

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Does it?
            i think so. Hard to tell as I can't work out which post has been liked.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Firstly, this 'upgraded' version feels like it was developed by an 8 year old. And not one of the clever ones from another country.

Secondly, when I try to reply to the thread at MVL before 3rd Mar 2021 - Contractor UK Bulletin Board , I get the error message:-

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
              Ah, the problem there is that there's a number at the end of the thread title. This gets misinterpreted as a page number, and there's no such page, so things go bad. There's around 2,100 threads with the same problem, so I'm sorting out a fix for them now. I just tested it on that specific thread, as it's recent and active, and it seems to be OK there now; the rest will be fixed shortly.

EDIT: that fix has now been deployed for all such threads - it was actually a bit more than 2,300 of them
              Last edited by NickFitz; 21 February 2021, 20:45. Reason: test edit reason message

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Why doesn't the app work?
                I'll have to refer that question to admin - I don't know what's going on with the app.

Comment

On mobile (Chrome, Android) the details about each poster appear above their post and take up most of the screen.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I got a PM when someone liked one of my posts. This kind of monthly event could be most irritating.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Besides the vertical spacing, which seems a tad extravagent (although NickFitz has already said he would look at that), my only minor changed functionality gripe is the post summary list.

I often use this to check my own posts to see whether anyone has replied to any and may need insulting a measured response, but the new summary list stops after a dozen or so posts and seems very reluctant to display any earlier posts! (I would prefer a fixed page length, with page numbers at the bottom, as I think the previous system used.)
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X