• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I got a PM when someone liked one of my posts. This kind of monthly event could be most irritating.
    When was that? Was it after the change I made earlier that I hoped would stop that happening?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Besides the vertical spacing, which seems a tad extravagent (although NickFitz has already said he would look at that), my only minor changed functionality gripe is the post summary list.

I often use this to check my own posts to see whether anyone has replied to any and may need insulting a measured response, but the new summary list stops after a dozen or so posts and seems very reluctant to display any earlier posts! (I would prefer a fixed page length, with page numbers at the bottom, as I think the previous system used.)
      Which page do you mean exactly? If you could post a link, I can be sure I'm looking at the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        On mobile (Chrome, Android) the details about each poster appear above their post and take up most of the screen.
        Yes, that could definitely be slimmed down for mobile. I'll look into it.

Also, the pagination for a thread appears twice at the top of the page because of some dumb JavaScript thing they're doing; I'll see if I can get rid of that too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

When was that? Was it after the change I made earlier that I hoped would stop that happening?
          I think that change worked (it did for me) and I've now re-enabled receiving email alerts for PMs

Comment

I've suddenly acquired 1500+ messages in my 'sent items' box that I can't download or delete.

So sorry if anyone has sent me any abusive messages and had them denied...

Update: So I can delete (though no CSV download option that I can see), but I have to select every PM manually, and I just don't have the time for that atm.
            Last edited by cojak; 22 February 2021, 08:53. Reason: Further info
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The now-gratefully resolved issue of PMs on likes and thanks, whilst an entertaining ruse to fill people's inboxes for a little while, also did have the side effect of filling the senders' sent boxes It may be useful for those who thoroughly tested this feature to empty their sent items

Comment

I'd post a screenshot, but the fancy new forum still doesn't support that; when I go to https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/general/ the start of thread list is just over 50% down the page. With 5 or 6 stickies, this means I cannot see a single thread without scrolling down.

Mainly due to the vast amount of space taken up with sub-forums, just to show a single "Brexit" link.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

With respect Nick, currently the forum is not fit for purpose. When I take a break for a couple on minutes, I like to get onto a forum and be navigate around quickly, leave a reply and get back to work. The new forum layout is cumbersome. There is masses of white spaces yet other parts are cluttered. I have to spend time to scroll around to seen the latest posts. There is far too much irrelevant information displayed about the posters. The forum is very unattractive, I think this will be off-putting to newbies. What was wrong with the old style?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    With respect Nick, currently the forum is not fit for purpose. When I take a break for a couple on minutes, I like to get onto a forum and be navigate around quickly, leave a reply and get back to work. The new forum layout is cumbersome. There is masses of white spaces yet other parts are cluttered. I have to spend time to scroll around to seen the latest posts. There is far too much irrelevant information displayed about the posters. The forum is very unattractive, I think this will be off-putting to newbies. What was wrong with the old style?
                    I have to admit that I only tinkered with the test version and didn't properly test it, making the assumption that more qualified people were helping out. Perhaps if more people had responded to testing it out before launch, many of these concerns could have been raised sooner? I'm not finding the navigation aspect too bad, now I've gotten used to certain features. It's not perfect but it's useable and, free...

Comment

Well generally the layout is fine

my only comment would be the “go to next unread post” is not working, seems to take me to post 1 on all the topics
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X