• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    OK, last post links should be working now
    "Go to first new post" icon is still taking me to the first post. Anything else we need to do? I logged out/back in, but still the same. I wondered if it was just on new posts so waited a bit but its still only taking me to the first post. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Did you click on your Inbox? I see nothing in the preview, but they are all seemingly there when I click on a mail box...
      Originally posted by cojak View Post

That's strange I have sent items going back to 2005.
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

As jb says:

The initial "Message Center" (must fix that spelling…) view only seems to show recent things. I'll see if there's a setting to control that, but going to "Inbox" should show your existing messages.
      Lovely, thank you There were one or two that I am a bit sentimental about.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

That's mostly fixed - I can't see who liked my posts from there but that's a rather secondary issue.
        I'll check that out

Comment

More notification issues!

Not receiving notifications when tagged or when quoted.

The appropriate boxes are ticked in the Notifications area of the Control Panel. It's not being overridden by the Disable setting in DB Tech is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

"Go to first new post" icon is still taking me to the first post. Anything else we need to do? I logged out/back in, but still the same. I wondered if it was just on new posts so waited a bit but its still only taking me to the first post. Thoughts?
            Same here. I also just noticed you can't see from the forum how many pages there are on a thread, so you cannot jump to the end 'manually' either.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              More notification issues!

Not receiving notifications when tagged or when quoted.

The appropriate boxes are ticked in the Notifications area of the Control Panel. It's not being overridden by the Disable setting in DB Tech is it?
              Shouldn't be, that's a completely separate table in the database. I'll look into it

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Is this the double-arrow icon on forum pages, e.g. https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/general/ - if so, can you check where the link is pointing to? Try right-clicking (or equivalent) and "Inspect Element", which should show the page structure with that item being an <a href="blah"> element - can you check what the value "blah" is?

Comment

Not receiving reputation notifications either.

They don't come through very often so that's a hard one to reproduce. And it's entirely possible I did receive something but it was buried in all the 'likes' we were getting

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

That's mostly fixed - I can't see who liked my posts from there but that's a rather secondary issue.
                    Are you talking about the Post Likes / Thanks tab in Profile? Mine's empty too.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Same here. I also just noticed you can't see from the forum how many pages there are on a thread, so you cannot jump to the end 'manually' either.
                      It's very odd, as given the change necessary to fix it, it's hard to see how the server could still be generating a broken link. Can one of you right-click on the icon and post the copied value here? And confirm which page you copied it from - it shouldn't make a difference, but you never know.

The pagination for threads on the threadlist will hopefully be back soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X