• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replying to this thread didn't show my reply after submission till I refreshed the page.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Replying to this thread didn't show my reply after submission till I refreshed the page.
      It does a lazy loading javascript refresh that does seem to take an insanely long time.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Private messages don't appear to have been migrated (or aren't showing). This makes me glum.
        Did you click on your Inbox? I see nothing in the preview, but they are all seemingly there when I click on a mail box...

Comment

Private messages don't appear to have been migrated (or aren't showing). This makes me glum.
          That's strange I have sent items going back to 2005.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

As jb says:

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Did you click on your Inbox? I see nothing in the preview, but they are all seemingly there when I click on a mail box...
            The initial "Message Center" (must fix that spelling…) view only seems to show recent things. I'll see if there's a setting to control that, but going to "Inbox" should show your existing messages.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              OK, last post links should be working now
              Yep! Works for me, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It does a lazy loading javascript refresh that does seem to take an insanely long time.
                Yes, annoying isn't it? I'm working on eliminating that; it's a classic example of using JavaScript to do something the browser already does perfectly well (submitting a form and following the resultant redirect) and ending up doing it worse

Comment

Still having issues with user profiles including my own

This has turned out to be a bit of a bugger to track down, but I finally sussed out what it is: back in 2016 you received rep on a post in a thread that has since been deleted

I had to reimplement large parts of the rep system, as vB had messed it up massively, including removing neg rep which as we all know is very popular on here. Clearly this particular edge case slipped through the cracks when I was working out what to do to get it all working in the way we're used to. Working on a fix now

EDIT: actually, it might be a more recent deleted thread that's causing the issue specifically for you now, as when the function gets the rep from the DB it's ordered by date descending. But my main development server is running a DB dump from about three years ago, so that was the one I saw on there. (I use such an old copy because admin did the arduous work of replacing all PII in it with placeholders, and during development I often have to go looking in places that contain information I don't need to know.)
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 22 February 2021, 16:04.

Comment

Still having issues with user profiles including my own
                    OK, try it now

And I was wrong, BTW: it was rep you'd given on a now-deleted thread that was causing the problem, at least on my dev server.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

OK, try it now

And I was wrong, BTW: it was rep you'd given on a now-deleted thread that was causing the problem, at least on my dev server.
                      That's mostly fixed - I can't see who liked my posts from there but that's a rather secondary issue.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X