• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Just tried Firefox on my MacBook Air and it worked. Safari was also up the creek on here until I did the local cache clearing thing.

If you clear cookies you'll be logged out. Not sure if that has anything to do with it; I wasn't logged in on Chrome, but I was logged in on Safari here. There's definitely something getting cached that shouldn't be, but I don't know what. Try the instructions at How to clear the Firefox cache to keep the cookies but clear the cache, and let me know if it helps
    It were the cache wot diddit. Innerestingly, I was on a different device (have moved out of my office to the living room so am on laptop not desktop). Maybe FF syncs the cache as well as other stuff. Anyhow, all that effort for a vey pointless thread

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It were the cache wot diddit. Innerestingly, I was on a different device (have moved out of my office to the living room so am on laptop not desktop). Maybe FF syncs the cache as well as other stuff. Anyhow, all that effort for a vey pointless thread
      They can't all be TPD

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Anyway, the thread should now be accessible, I hope
        I can see it from an Incognito window in Chrome but not my main session. How bizarre.

The replies are few and of low quality so it must be affecting others too.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I can see it from an Incognito window in Chrome but not my main session. How bizarre.

The replies are few and of low quality so it must be affecting others too.
          I suspect this might be somehow related to the business where sometimes one posts a reply to a thread but it isn't visible until one reloads the page, just manifesting slightly differently when one's starting a thread. Somehow the response to the post is being sent when the system isn't yet in a consistent state. In the case of thread creation it's causing a redirect to a malformed URL, and that redirect is cached by the browser - well, that's the theory. Except there are one or two things that seem like they may be inconsistent with that.

I need to dig pretty deeply into how and why this is happening, but I'll track it down eventually

Comment

A minor annoyance:

When starting a new thread the focus jumps to the main text box rather than the title field when the page loads.

Comment

Major annoyance. The smilies box jumps up and down when you are writing a long post.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

POST THANKS/LIKES shows nothing. I do have at least one!

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Major annoyance. The smilies box jumps up and down when you are writing a long post.
                  I think it's actually the text box jumping up and down as you write a long post - but the smilies box is more obvious for those that don't understand what's actually happening.

you can see it in operation once you've gone past the initial text box and it jumps up and down as you write each letter - almost as if 2 pieces of code are competing against each other to set the height of the text box.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    POST THANKS/LIKES shows nothing. I do have at least one!

qh
                    You mean the "Post thanks / likes" tab on the user profile page?

I have the same problem.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You mean the "Post thanks / likes" tab on the user profile page?

I have the same problem.
                      #metoo

Comment

Working...
                      X