• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Multiquote isn't working.
    The selected quotes disappear when you click reply.

Comment

I've noticed that if I search the forums with Google, e.g. "site:contractoruk.com/forums monday links", then I see a lot of 'reply' links that when clicked will open a 'reply to: this thread' page like the one I'm typing into right now.

Is this a bug in the forum site code?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        I've noticed that if I search the forums with Google, e.g. "site:contractoruk.com/forums monday links", then I see a lot of 'reply' links that when clicked will open a 'reply to: this thread' page like the one I'm typing into right now.

Yes, I'd better stick a "nofollow" on the reply links. Ta!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Chrome and Firefox on my Linux desktop get a connection error, can't access contractor UK at all, I can only access it on Windows using my work laptop.
          My IP was blocked, now resolved. I'm using an old Laptop occasionally so there must be some malware on it.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've got some idiot on 'ignore' (I'm probably not the only one) but instead of hiding his posts, and giving me the option to view them, all of his posts and threads are hidden. I thought he must've been banned, but when I logged out there were loads of threads I've never seen. I could 'un-ignore' him, but being unable to click on his profile I can't see a way to do this.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Your ignore list is at the bottom of User Settings - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

I believe the way ignore works is something Nick is working to fix.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                I've got some idiot on 'ignore' (I'm probably not the only one) but instead of hiding his posts, and giving me the option to view them, all of his posts and threads are hidden. I thought he must've been banned, but when I logged out there were loads of threads I've never seen. I could 'un-ignore' him, but being unable to click on his profile I can't see a way to do this.
                They changed it to work like that; it's causing a lot of confusion in TPD because everybody's now seeing a different total post count. I've worked out how to include ignored posts and sorted out a UI like it used to be ("This post is hidden, click to reveal" and so on) which I'll deploy in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

My IP was blocked, now resolved. I'm using an old Laptop occasionally so there must be some malware on it.
                  There were a number of problems while the DNS change related to the move back to forums.contractoruk.com was propagating, so it could have been something to do with that. (I had to put the new IP in my /etc/hosts file until Saturday afternoon when Virgin Media's DNS finally picked up the changes.) That should be sorted out now.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

OK, the reply page and new thread page should now be noindex, keeping them out of (well-behaved) search engines. Thanks for that one CS - good catch!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Multiquote isn't working.
                      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The selected quotes disappear when you click reply.
                      Working again

It relies on a cookie, which I sensibly restricted to the path /forums/ so it didn't have anything to do with the main site. But the move to the forums.contractoruk subdomain means the path /forums/ no longer exists

Comment

Working...
                      X