• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made a new thread and after posting "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

But the post was made successfully. NickFitz can you pass this on to the system administrator whoever that may be
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Just made a new thread and after posting "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

But the post was made successfully. NickFitz can you pass this on to the system administrator whoever that may be
      If it was the "so how was school" post, it didn't post successfully as clicking on it gives that very same error.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...how-was-school

Comment

That's the new tedious chuntery AI filter working. It reviews a posters history and decides if the new post is going to be as tediously dull as the previous ones and if it is it blocks it. Gonna be quiet for you on the forums from now on
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not sure what's going on with this one, as everything in the DB makes sense. I'll keep digging into what it might be and get it back for you as soon as I can

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Not sure what's going on with this one, as everything in the DB makes sense. I'll keep digging into what it might be and get it back for you as soon as I can
            No idea what happened here. As I said, everything in the database was fine, so it made no sense that the thread was giving that error. I cleared the server-side caches and it still didn't show. Then I switched from Safari to Chrome and the thread loaded. Tried going back to Safari, and it still wouldn't load there; it was getting a redirect to a broken form of the URL (one using the internal node ID of the thread/post rather than the CUK-friendly one). I used the "Develop" menu on Safari to clear all its client-side caches, and then it loaded correctly

It's not the first time I've seen weird behaviour like this from Safari; it's as if it caches redirects and goes straight there occasionally rather than checking if that response is still valid. I may need to double-check what HTTP headers are being sent back in those cases.

Anyway, the thread should now be accessible, I hope

Comment

Dammit.

Comment

It used to be that you could go to https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/settings/profile and see a list of subscribed threads with unread replies (in bold) sorted in order of most recent active thread.

Is this functionality retained anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                  It used to be that you could go to https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/settings/profile and see a list of subscribed threads with unread replies (in bold) sorted in order of most recent active thread.

Is this functionality retained anywhere?
                  Like this? https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...emessage/index

Comment

No idea what happened here. As I said, everything in the database was fine, so it made no sense that the thread was giving that error. I cleared the server-side caches and it still didn't show. Then I switched from Safari to Chrome and the thread loaded. Tried going back to Safari, and it still wouldn't load there; it was getting a redirect to a broken form of the URL (one using the internal node ID of the thread/post rather than the CUK-friendly one). I used the "Develop" menu on Safari to clear all its client-side caches, and then it loaded correctly

It's not the first time I've seen weird behaviour like this from Safari; it's as if it caches redirects and goes straight there occasionally rather than checking if that response is still valid. I may need to double-check what HTTP headers are being sent back in those cases.

Not loading in Firefox. I suppose I could clear out the cookies and try again...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Not loading in Firefox. I suppose I could clear out the cookies and try again...
                      Just tried Firefox on my MacBook Air and it worked. Safari was also up the creek on here until I did the local cache clearing thing.

If you clear cookies you'll be logged out. Not sure if that has anything to do with it; I wasn't logged in on Chrome, but I was logged in on Safari here. There's definitely something getting cached that shouldn't be, but I don't know what. Try the instructions at How to clear the Firefox cache to keep the cookies but clear the cache, and let me know if it helps

Comment

Working...
                      X