• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Mon, May 10, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

    I just found that out too, and even then only for certain users' profiles. Very odd; I'll keep digging
    Note that all my thanks etc after I post are shown as 0. I expect Putin is deleting my dbase records. I ain't that bothered though, don't waste a lot of time on it.
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

    Comment


      You should now be able to see thanks/likes in your profiles

      For those who are interested: the problem was a SQL query in the Thanks/Likes plugin that assumed a certain field was null if it was "empty". This may have been a valid assumption for some earlier version of vBulletin 5, but for the version we're on, that field will instead have the empty string if it's "empty". The end result was that the query returned no results, ever

      Comment


        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        You should now be able to see thanks/likes in your profiles

        For those who are interested: the problem was a SQL query in the Thanks/Likes plugin that assumed a certain field was null if it was "empty". This may have been a valid assumption for some earlier version of vBulletin 5, but for the version we're on, that field will instead have the empty string if it's "empty". The end result was that the query returned no results, ever
        Bloody SQL! Never trust it.

        qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

        I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

        Comment


          I know this is probably an old bug - but if I click the take me to the last post link for a long standing thread I'm taking to a post from 4 February 2021...

          To add this is the link for the dead celebs thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2876229 (Jan 5th 2021)
          Last edited by eek; 20 April 2021, 22:06.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

          Comment


            Yesterday one of my post (link below) was moved to IR35 section by the Mods. But since then it gets "invalid url" error.

            https://forums.contractoruk.com/ir35...r-majesty-does

            Comment


              Originally posted by eek View Post
              I know this is probably an old bug - but if I click the take me to the last post link for a long standing thread I'm taking to a post from 4 February 2021...

              To add this is the link for the dead celebs thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2876229 (Jan 5th 2021)
              I get that with a number of different threads. Anything that's more than a few pages long.

              Comment


                Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                Yesterday one of my post (link below) was moved to IR35 section by the Mods. But since then it gets "invalid url" error.

                https://forums.contractoruk.com/ir35...r-majesty-does
                Should now be OK at https://forums.contractoruk.com/ir35...esty-does.html

                This is a quite bad problem with moving stuff. Basically, vBulletin attempts to invalidate some of its internally-cached data, but its method for doing this involves building an array containing a reference to every single post in the subforums involved. This might be all well and good on a smaller forum, but on CUK there are now so many posts that it just ends up consuming all the memory allocated to the PHP script and crashing, so it never gets to my code that fixes up the URLs to conform with the CUK URL scheme.

                I've tested this on a development server with four times as much memory allocated as the production server, and it still doesn't get even a quarter of the way through before crashing, so just bumping up the PHP memory_limit configuration isn't going to fix it.

                I'm working on a proper fix for this, but it's a particularly complex problem for various reasons. But at least my existing tool for fixing things up after the fact works with moved threads (posts extracted into a separate thread are a different thing again).

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I know this is probably an old bug - but if I click the take me to the last post link for a long standing thread I'm taking to a post from 4 February 2021...

                  To add this is the link for the dead celebs thread https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2876229 (Jan 5th 2021)


                  I get that with a number of different threads. Anything that's more than a few pages long.
                  Yes, there's something going on with the way it sets the most recent post datetime for a thread. I strongly suspect this is also an internal cache invalidation issue; it's on the list

                  Comment


                    My profile is working now. Thanks Fizzy Knickers.

                    Updateipoo: Ah. Today only if I click refresh umpteen times

                    Updateipoo2: Ugh. Nope, back to not working at all. Seems like a cache problem but clearing it didn't help.

                    Updateipoo3: Lots of refreshes work again.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 April 2021, 18:44.
                    bloggoth

                    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

                    Comment


                      I don't remember this one being picked up.

                      Nested quotes don't seem to work (at least not in preview). The first quote is displayed and anything nested under it is ignored. Quotes are displayed in preview if you show each one separately.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X