• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When liking a post

If the person you are liking has a full messagebox / mailbox - the following pop-up alert appears

Click a Button
    Error Saving Click: Can not send message. User cojak has exceeded their private message quota.

It also means you can like a post multiple times (as I did while working out exactly what was going on).

Post (for reference) is https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2916931 but this is now true of any like / thanks you give Cojak.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      When liking a post

If the person you are liking has a full messagebox / mailbox - the following pop-up alert appears

Click a Button
      Error Saving Click: Can not send message. User cojak has exceeded their private message quota.

It also means you can like a post multiple times (as I did while working out exactly what was going on).

Post (for reference) is https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2916931 but this is now true of any like / thanks you give Cojak.
      But more importantly where is my birthday message and my rep?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        When liking a post

Click a Button

Yes, it's best to only like posts by people that nobody wants to talk to

I'm going to end up completely re-implementing the thanks/likes system at this rate, but then again, it needs it

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But more importantly where is my birthday message and my rep?
          I need to dig into the rep stuff to see why it was causing problems, though I suspect it may be fairly easy to resolve once I've implemented the fix for the likes/thanks-on-long-threads problem.

Not sure about the birthday message; I got one last year, but my birthday isn't until April so I'll have to wait until then to check again

But I'll also check the system that sends out forum emails, and see if admin is aware of anything that might have stopped it working. It's possible there's been a config issue with that, or something along those lines.

Comment

(I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but I've checked the last 6 months worth of posts in this thread and couldn't see it.)

If I look at one of LadyMuck's posts, the stats currently look like this:

Thanks (Given): 2,956
            Thanks (Received): 4,577
            Likes (Given): 41,981
            Likes (Received): 21,515

I.e. the "thanks given/received" and "likes given/received" all use a comma for formatting, whereas the post count doesn't. It's not a big deal, but I'm surprised that the forum code doesn't use the same formatting function for all of them.

(I picked LadyMuck as an example, but this applies to anyone where those quantities have exceeded 999.)

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
              (I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but I've checked the last 6 months worth of posts in this thread and couldn't see it.)

If I look at one of LadyMuck's posts, the stats currently look like this:

Thanks (Given): 2,956
              Thanks (Received): 4,577
              Likes (Given): 41,981
              Likes (Received): 21,515

I.e. the "thanks given/received" and "likes given/received" all use a comma for formatting, whereas the post count doesn't. It's not a big deal, but I'm surprised that the forum code doesn't use the same formatting function for all of them.

(I picked LadyMuck as an example, but this applies to anyone where those quantities have exceeded 999.)
              The thanks/likes stuff is done by a third party plugin, hence the difference. Good catch - I'll see about tidying that up

Comment

When someones mailbox is so full that you can't like or thank their posts you also can't PM them.

I suspect that is for reasons outside her control because it's something she used to be on top of.

- edit if Cojak sees it wasn't really important more some sarcasm attached to a bit of "gossip".

Comment

Why I am getting an error on message quota when trying to send a DM?

this site can be bloody frustrating at times.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
                    Who are you sending a PM to? Cojak has a completely full mailbox as discussed above.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
                      As eek suggests, if the intended recipient has a full inbox, it'll give you an error. Quite annoying that it doesn't do that before you've gone to the trouble of composing it, as it's already using an Ajax call to confirm the recipient name, I think. I might be able to piggyback something onto that API to give a warning a bit earlier in the process

Though if it was a warning about your message quota rather than the recipient's, maybe it's got a problem with saving to your "sent messages". I'll have to have a look at that, as I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they'd failed to consider that case too

Comment

Working...
                      X