• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Did anyone mention the search function isn't working? I mean, I did try to search to see if it's been logged as a bug before but.. well I couldn't obviously.
    I assume you mean on mobile? It's on the list.

Comment

not sure if it's on your list but PMs don't seem to display user avatars.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        not sure if it's on your list but PMs don't seem to display user avatars.
        The whole avatar thing is ridiculous in its implementation. IIRC there's at least one convoluted code path that isn't used at all, and the one that seems to get used a lot doesn't work because they missed a step in an upgrade script. I'll see about getting everything using the method that does work

Comment

Possible bug in the post counts on long threads.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Possible bug in the post counts on long threads.
            Better bug report

Issue
            Mods are seeing a different count of posts compared to regular users in TPD (I suspect because they are seeing deleted posts somehow or other relative to none Mod posters).

Hint / Notes
            I know you've already played around with this area (post visibility and count) once so that hidden posts followed the behaviour of the old forum where they are displayed but hidden until clicked on rather than being removed on the server prior to the page being sent, so I wonder if that is a variation of that in play here.

Importance
            Incredibly low - the only impact is that WTFH can't create Zentury / Millennium and Pali posts accurately unless he logs off to double check first.
            Last edited by eek; 10 November 2021, 10:03.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Importance
              Incredibly low - the only impact is that WTFH can't create Zentury / Millennium and Pali posts accurately unless he logs off to double check first.
              That's not a bug, it's a feature.

I did notice that even when logged out the go to last post thing dumps me about 10,000 posts early in the thread.

Another feature.

Not to mention the "hit refresh five times" to actually fecking see something feature.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

I did notice that even when logged out the go to last post thing dumps me about 10,000 posts early in the thread.

Another feature.

Not to mention the "hit refresh five times" to actually fecking see something feature.
                The former bit will be because of the number of people you have on ignore (that is a bug that I think Nick knows how to fix but it requires time and testing to do so).

The latter bit is because likes and thanks is a separate routine that consumes cpu time so pages with a lot of likes and thanks have a risk of timing out.

Comment

Correction: it takes me to the same place page 30422 rather than page 30671, same when logged out as when logged in.

2490 posts early, which is a slightly strange number.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mods/admin see different post counts/post numbers because of deleted posts being visible to them, as eek surmised. I can look into giving them both counts, but I'd need to have a think about it. (Post numbers would be complicated.) There's other things I should maybe concentrate on first though

The other thing is almost certainly to do with ignored posts, which I believed I'd fixed; apparently not. I'll create a test setup with a user that ignores suitable accounts to let me get a handle on what's going on. (I don't ignore anyone, so I don't see it.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Mods/admin see different post counts/post numbers because of deleted posts being visible to them, as eek surmised. I can look into giving them both counts, but I'd need to have a think about it. (Post numbers would be complicated.) There's other things I should maybe concentrate on first though

The other thing is almost certainly to do with ignored posts, which I believed I'd fixed; apparently not. I'll create a test setup with a user that ignores suitable accounts to let me get a handle on what's going on. (I don't ignore anyone, so I don't see it.)
                      if it helps I end up on page 34418 at the moment instead of page 34671 so 253 pages or 2530 posts different - so I suspect I have different people on ignore.

The page changes to page 33805 if I ignore DoctorStrangelove and then (but only after I create a post). It remained at page 34418 until I added a post and the index page was refreshed.

For reference DoctorStangelove is no longer on ignore before Zeity get's annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                      X