• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    ... I'm mostly in £ now ...
    That's brave. The train to the moon doesn't have a reverse gear.

Hope you're right though and there's another one due soon.

At least in the meantime bitcoin transaction fees are back down to 'normal' so can easily transfer holdings about in preparation.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

ERC20 Tokens

Any techies on here made an attempt at creating their own ERC20 token?
      I'm currently looking into it. If for no other reason than to see how difficult it is. Would be good to hear anyone's experiences if they have done one previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        That's brave. The train to the moon doesn't have a reverse gear.

Hope you're right though and there's another one due soon.

At least in the meantime bitcoin transaction fees are back down to 'normal' so can easily transfer holdings about in preparation.

That's because everyone is getting out of the crypto market. Every day prices are trickling down 5% or so, which indicates a steady stream of selling and very weak buying on the other side. At some point there will be a precipitous drop.

What will happen in the aftermath? That's when we'll know if crypto is dead or if it'll fly again.

Comment

Maybe, but it seems there's considerable resistance in play stopping bitcoin dropping below $10k. It's testing that again now but recent tests have been batted upwards.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
            Any techies on here made an attempt at creating their own ERC20 token?
            I'm currently looking into it. If for no other reason than to see how difficult it is. Would be good to hear anyone's experiences if they have done one previously.

Isn't TRON an ERC20 token? i.e. one that lives within the Etherium blockchain rather than it's own network?

TRON doesn't seem so popular for some reason, 'always' falling more than it rises. Must be due to them taking so long to get their cryptodogs set up to chase the cryptokitties around.

So I expect even if you put in the work that'll be the easy bit. Getting it listed on exchanges and marketed so people start buying/using it will be the age old challenge facing a new start up. Especially if there's thousands of 'me too' tokens fighting over the same attention spans.

Having said that, if you've identified a genuine gap in the albeit very young market then why not give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Isn't TRON an ERC20 token? i.e. one that lives within the Etherium blockchain rather than it's own network?

TRON doesn't seem so popular for some reason, 'always' falling more than it rises. Must be due to them taking so long to get their cryptodogs set up to chase the cryptokitties around.

So I expect even if you put in the work that'll be the easy bit. Getting it listed on exchanges and marketed so people start buying/using it will be the age old challenge facing a new start up. Especially if there's thousands of 'me too' tokens fighting over the same attention spans.

Having said that, if you've identified a genuine gap in the albeit very young market then why not give it a go.

At this point I'm more interested in seeing if I can get a token created. ICO's would be a major undertaking. Never say never though.

Comment

I don't think everyone is getting out. I think there were a lot of wannabe investors sticking a grand or two in, who bought in December expecting the rocketship to keep climbing, but then it ran out of fuel. They waited, then it it went bang. Now that it's started to climb they're cutting their losses, pulling their money out because they've come to realise that it's not a game they wish to play.

Upon Scooters tip for DASH I read a lot more into that project - I genuinely think that it offers something that other coins aren't offering and the way they have setup their offering is much more impressive, that and they actually have merchants using it now...

I reckon if you do as has been recommended, invest and HODL for a few months, everything will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

That's because everyone is getting out of the crypto market. Every day prices are trickling down 5% or so, which indicates a steady stream of selling and very weak buying on the other side. At some point there will be a precipitous drop.

What will happen in the aftermath? That's when we'll know if crypto is dead or if it'll fly again.
                  Blimey, last week you were all choosing which unsubtle Lamborghini you were buying next, now it's will bitcoin fall sub $1 this week.

Fickle lot you snowflake crypto dreamers....

Comment

And here comes Hector for his slice of the pie.....

Bitcoin - the Revenue comes calling - BBC News
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bitcoin's new base minimum looks to be $10k. That new floor has been tested a few times in the last 24 hours but keeps on batting it back upwards.

Set your auto buys to $10k like Josey Whales must be doing. "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?"

Comment

Working...
                      X