• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like this site. nice and concise for each coin
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Interesting murmurs coming from PBC on Dash.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Interesting murmurs coming from PBC on Dash.
        saying what?
        seen lots of noise about BTC the last few days...with the futures contracts finishing tomorrow and expecting new lows before things shoot up
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          saying what?
          seen lots of noise about BTC the last few days...with the futures contracts finishing tomorrow and expecting new lows before things shoot up
          Utility versus value. Department of Energy seemingly in talks with Dash to implement the Dash blockchain into electricity meters. I'll PM you. Bottom line, Dash is massively undervalued given the touted utility and potential for growth. Two indicators that suggest strong appreciation to come.

Also, the general market volatility - we're in a consolidation period - it'll probably remain that way until March - May. If you've picked your horses then no trading until then is the advice. Walk away.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Also, the general market volatility - we're in a consolidation period - it'll probably remain that way until March - May. If you've picked your horses then no trading until then is the advice. Walk away.
            So for traders looking to put more money in and get something out - Mine. Get a mining rig, hell PM me and I'll build one for you for some beer tokens. ROI happens in approximately 120-150 days depending on your chosen coin and accepted level of risk. After that you are literally printing crypto-money, it's as simple as that.

You can then pick your horse, accumulate more coin and wait for it to appreciate. All the miners at the moment are busily moving away from coins like ETH to try and make more margin hoping for price rises, but they aren't doing it in a proper business like fashion, or taking into consideration how to get their money out, etc. So much money to be made right now.

Comment

Interesting:

Former Ripple Exec Invests $57.5 Million in Digital Money Platform Uphold

I need to disclose that in 2014 I invested £1k into Uphold when they were crowdfunding as a startup. I know I shill it quite a bit as an alternative to coinbase but it is a very good alternative for FIAT in/out and it supports BTC/BCH/ETH/DASH/LTC/BAT (for some reason...) and lots of other FIAT currencies as well as gold and silver.

I actually don't want it to become mega busy - but I might inquire what that startup £1k is worth now...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Interesting:

Former Ripple Exec Invests $57.5 Million in Digital Money Platform Uphold

I need to disclose that in 2014 I invested £1k into Uphold when they were crowdfunding as a startup. I know I shill it quite a bit as an alternative to coinbase but it is a very good alternative for FIAT in/out and it supports BTC/BCH/ETH/DASH/LTC/BAT (for some reason...) and lots of other FIAT currencies as well as gold and silver.

I actually don't want it to become mega busy - but I might inquire what that startup £1k is worth now...
                I think you'll be quite happy with that investment. It's a great service even if you don't use it for crypto which I'll use a lot more if and when they bring out debit cards in GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  I think you'll be quite happy with that investment. It's a great service even if you don't use it for crypto which I'll use a lot more if and when they bring out debit cards in GBP.
                  They recently did bring out GBP debit cards In hindsight I would be happier if I'd invested £1k into actual BTC as opposed to a BTC exchange in Dec 2014...

Still no point in lamenting over that any more.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Any sign of any UK based/regulated exchanges?

Only seen the news about the Gibraltar Stock Exchange doing one (https://gbx.gi/) with an ICO for their 'rock token (RKT)' open to public on 7th Feb.

Should make it easier to get money in/out if UK banks are in the same regulatory zone (hopefully meaning they won't be so quick to freeze accounts if dealing with a trusted source), and cheaper in fees if can use GBP instead of SEPA/Euro etc.

Bound to be more and more such services coming along, eventually.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      They recently did bring out GBP debit cards In hindsight I would be happier if I'd invested £1k into actual BTC as opposed to a BTC exchange in Dec 2014...

Still no point in lamenting over that any more.
                      I saw they added the ability add funds from debit card, but not a debit card you can use to spend.

Comment

Working...
                      X