• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw that in an investment bank in Canary Wharf a few years ago. They were averaging one broken seat a day.

We've just some weirdo "decorating" the bowl with a toilet paper/poop collage each day. He managed to decimate traps 1 and 3 a couple of weeks ago.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I'm trying to remember which nation some people I know went to, where you weren't allowed to put bog roll in the toilet but had to put it in a bag (maybe that's what that poster is saying?)

I think it was Albania and apparently it was NOT pleasant
      Someone mentioned here a year or two that when visiting Greece they were expected to dispose of used bog paper in a metal bin by the bog.

and imagine how hot and fly ridden it gets in the summer in Greece

But I'd be fine with that, as long as they didn't mind me dropping a lighted match in the bin first.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm trying to remember which nation some people I know went to, where you weren't allowed to put bog roll in the toilet but had to put it in a bag (maybe that's what that poster is saying?)
        In lots of countries bog roll is banned as the sewage systems were not built to handle it. India being a prime example, even the better Hotels have to have their own maserator if they want Western style loos. The 'normal' loo is a hole in the ground and a jug and water supply are provided for cleaning up. The you wash your hands. It's a great deal more hygienic than spreading it all over the shop and then flushing it away to be someone else's problem. It also explains the broken toilet issue in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          In lots of countries bog roll is banned as the sewage systems were not built to handle it. India being a prime example, even the better Hotels have to have their own maserator if they want Western style loos. The 'normal' loo is a hole in the ground and a jug and water supply are provided for cleaning up. The you wash your hands. It's a great deal more hygienic than spreading it all over the shop and then flushing it away to be someone else's problem. It also explains the broken toilet issue in this country.

The sewage system sometimes gets clogged. Mostly due to fat. Sometimes due to quilted velvet. Which is described as like throwing a duvet into the system.

Comment

In provincial Russia, the used toilet paper goes into a bucket for later disposal. It's surprisingly not that smelly.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              In provincial Russia, the used toilet paper goes into a bucket for later disposal. It's surprisingly not that smelly.
              And it then gets elected President? Or sent to the UK to live in a bedsit in Birmingham and worries the squirrel population.....

Comment

One of Zeity's relatives?

Video shows Gregg Foot testing meat from his OWN leg | Daily Mail Online

Comment

So he smelled his own meat, then ate a regular burger and said it was nice.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Donald Trump comments on Brussels terror attacks hours after suicide bombings saying city is no longer 'beautiful and safe' and that the US 'must be vigilant and smart' | Daily Mail Online

'Shut our borders': Trump warns America 'must be vigilant and smart' and advocates waterboarding the suspects after Brussels terror attack saying torture works

If only we could torture people with dodgy syrups....

Comment

OtTZQ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Ser..._Twilight_Zone)
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X