• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who gives as Tulip

Constipation costs the NHS £145m a year as many were 'too embarrassed' | Daily Mail Online

How constipation costs the NHS £145m a year: Many of the 200 patients admitted to hospital every day were 'too embarrassed' to see a doctor
    In 2014/15 more than 66,000 people we admitted to hospital for constipation
    A further 15,319 cases went into hospital as day cases for treatment
    Survey: Nearly half of people would not seek medical help for constipation
    Nearly 40% said they thought constipation was a minor health issue
    seriously?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They aren't too embarrassed.

They phone up and the receptionist says they aren't urgent so they don't get an appointment.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Had to have "the check" once after getting pains in prostate area and was most disappointed my usual female doctor wasn't on that day.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Had to have "the check" once after getting pains in prostate area and was most disappointed my usual female doctor wasn't on that day.
          Just wait until they want to stick a 5 foot long tube with a camera up there.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

90% of those constipated chunts are here in General.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Had to have "the check" once after getting pains in prostate area and was most disappointed my usual masseuse wasn't on that day.
              FTFY

Comment

Prunes and plenty of greens.

That's the answer.

Comment

Do we assume you were straining at the time you wrote the title for this? Missed the Capital and threw in an extra 's' in the middle of a push?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Prunes and plenty of greens.

That's the answer.

Prunes yes. Greens maybe.

In fact most dried fruit and lots of fresh fruit help due to the high levels of fructose and fibre in them.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X