• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just give them all one of these :

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I bet when that guy embarked on his acting career he'd never have believed he would have been landing lead roles so quickly in his wildest dreams!!!

His mates must be having field day!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Do we assume you were straining at the time you wrote the title for this? Missed the Capital and threw in an extra 's' in the middle of a push?
        typing left handed while laughing at a conf call.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          90% of those constipated chunts are here in General.
          Errrrm....I guess you actually mean yourself
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They aren't too embarrassed.

They phone up and the receptionist says they aren't urgent so they don't get an appointment.
            You tell the receptionist why you need to see the doctor? How open of you.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Embarrassing bodies. A series about people with conditions too embarrassing to see their doctor about. But they are happy to share with 4 million viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You tell the receptionist why you need to see the doctor? How open of you.
                Receptionists in many surgeries often ask as they are told by GP partners to limit appointments to those who need it.

In my case I was once told of by a GP for not insisting I needed an appointment immediately. (Though that GP couldn't work out what was wrong with me but a GP friend of a mate saw it and knew immediately.)

I then learnt to go into great graphic detail about what was wrong at each practice I've joined and oddly receptionists have stopped asking.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Embarrassing bodies. A series about people with conditions too embarrassing to see their doctor about. But they are happy to share with 4 million viewers.
                  They actually did a catch up program where they explained why people came on the program after the first few series.

In many of the cases the people have GPs who won't help them.

One case like that was a guy who had a fistula that was leaking poop and infected. His GP though it was OK to leave the guy wearing his wife's sanitary towels for 3 years. The hole took over another year to heal completely and needed treatment every few weeks.

In other cases they can't get the treatment on the NHS e.g. loose skin from weight loss, smelling.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Rag week

Bristol's Coexist company plans to offer 'period leave' to women EVERY month | Daily Mail Online

Company reveals plans to offer 'period leave' to women EVERY month - to create a 'happier' work environment
                    Bristolian company Coexist will introduce the period policy in its office
                    Employees will be entitled to paid leave if in pain during their monthly cycle
                    Menstrual leave already exists in several other countries such as Japan
                    I'm looking forward to itchy balls week or Beer festival week.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      They'll miss the aroma, I know I would.

Comment

Working...
                      X