• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noted
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes, I can add Washington Frank to that list.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TEK Systems. Payroll dept were straight out of clown college.
        Last edited by TheDude; 13 March 2023, 17:01.

Comment

Venturi, without doubt the very worst of all Rec agencies I had the misfortune to use.

Comment

I've got a few I avoid at all costs:

- Salt, lots of ghosting or chasing me for jobs that had nothing to do with my skillset

- Zeus talent, these clowns may be the worst of them all. Sent my CV through for a role (permanent) with Atos, never told me that from the start Atos said my salary expectations were too high. I went through 2 interviews and when I got the offer the agent said "not sure what happened but now the client is only willing to offer you this salary (20k less than what I wanted)". I contacted the hiring manager from Atos, kicked up a big fuss and explained what Zeus Talent did and it would seem that Atos dropped the recruitment agency.

- Lorien, again too much dodgy stuff going on. They pestered me on the phone, said they'd send me the job spec for this role that apparently was the perfect fit for me. I'm still waiting for that job spec.

On the other hand, there are some big agencies that have a bad rep but so far have always treated well so I want to give credit where credit is due:

- Harvey Nash

- Hays

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
              Venturi, without doubt the very worst of all Rec agencies I had the misfortune to use.
              They used to be good when they first started out but they spent most of lockdown chasing me for some non-existent Platform Engineer role that I had to change my CV for.

Could to add Sanderson to this list after a few weeks ago, had interview, all went well, client wanted me, then delays, more delays, no paperwork produced.

Told the pimp, this isn't going to happen, l'll move on.

"No no, I promise you 100% that this role will go ahead they totally want you to start next week. I promise you it's definitely happening."

Spoiler: It didn't happen.

qh
              Last edited by quackhandle; 13 March 2023, 16:50.
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Bruin send me a "cookie cutter" spec for RBC every 6 months.... regulatory business analyst
                Sent my CV a few times, time wasters.

Must have had about 20 calls with them last 4 years and not one interview

Comment

I assumed that this thread was about agencies that you have contracted with.

If the criteria is agencies that have harvested CVs by advertising non existent roles, reneged on rate offers or ghosted you somewhere in the process then doesn't that include every single agency in the UK and beyond?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                    I assumed that this thread was about agencies that you have contracted with.

If the criteria is agencies that have harvested CVs by advertising non existent roles, reneged on rate offers or ghosted you somewhere in the process then doesn't that include every single agency in the UK and beyond?
                    I think everyone's criteria is different.

Mine boils down to is the agency ok to work with on both an end client and contractor level? - the Frank groups continual calling end clients about whether they have any vacancies puts me off them.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Opus is the only one I had terrible experience of, a year ago but they're probably still the same way.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X