• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Recruitment

Alexander Recruitment - e-mailing me roles and typically have a wide rate band from £550-900 per day.

Also promotes Executive Jungle for CV re-writing services.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 December 2019, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by DesDixon View Post
      Alex Lewis - Alexander Recruitment - keep posting and e-mailing me roles which do not exist and typically have a wide rate band from £550-900 per day.
      Not to be confused with William Alexander Recruitment which seems legit
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Some agents are immature.

Instead of blocking the agency block the individual agent, as when they move companies - which loads do frequently - they take their attitude with them.
        ^^^This. Worked through Curo with MS for a three monther back in 2018, had no issues with them.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Broadstone Resourcing

I came across this gem today.

To represent me, this agent wants a copy of my passport, job history for the past three years with contact names/phones/emails, other agencies I'm registered with...
          ooh, and next of kin details

Why...?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenT View Post

To represent me, this agent wants a copy of my passport, job history for the past three years with contact names/phones/emails, other agencies I'm registered with...

Why...?

The first you can understand, eligibility to work in UK. Job history? Lead generation. Agencies "registered with"? Want to see what others are doing.

Next of kin? That's the bizarre one.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenT View Post

Why...?
              He must have moved from Insurance to Recruitment. Old habits die hard!

Comment

Possibly need to notify next of kin if I fall in a coma during my interviews?

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
                The first you can understand, eligibility to work in UK. Job history? Lead generation. Agencies "registered with"? Want to see what others are doing.

Next of kin? That's the bizarre one.

Comment

Jefferson Frank
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Salt. Cancelled my interview without telling me - luckily remote but I was still sat there on Zoom like a melon for twenty minutes on my own. Then blanked me completely.

One year later same plum contacted me about the same role as if nothing had happened.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Jefferson Frank
                      See also Nigel Frank and every other part of the Frank Group.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X