• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    I got contacted by a recruiter with a *gmail* email address.

They left a voice mail and I could barely understand it, so I blocked their number and just ignored it.

They kept badgering me on linkedin, eventually I caved, and they put me forward for a job. I interviewed, three indian guys gave me a ridiculous technical grilling that was way over anything the role would entail.

Apparently, I got the role. The gmail recruiter then asked for info and cc'd in one of the companies on the list posted in a comment above.

They're drafting a contract so I should start soon.

The whole thing just feels so sketchy. SC role too.

I never know what the rates are either. I said one rate, the gmail recruiter said ok then came back to me and said they can only do X.

I find that hard to believe but I took the reduced rate, cos it wasn't too bad and I went in pretty high. I expect it's just their standard policy to try and skim some extra off the top, but what are you supposed to say? End of the day it's joe public getting shafted by having a company pay another company which pays another company which uses a dodgy gmail recruiter and doesn't employ a fixed margin contract. If it *was* fixed margin the recruiter would have been telling me the rate.

We'll see what happens, I'm not massively chuffed, any work is good in this climate but if I'm plonked into an all-indian dev team working remotely... I guess we'll see.
    In my last tech interview, the guy asked what dollar sign was for in jQuery.

Comment

Originally posted by Originally posted by [B
      FIERCE TANK BATTLE[/B] ]
      I interviewed, three indian guys gave me a ridiculous technical grilling that was way over anything the role would entail.
      Apparently this is because so many people from India lie about their experience; buying qualifications from fake universities is also commonplace and culturally valid in the brutally competitive Indian marketplace. But not to worry readers, the Indian people working for your organisation did not lie to get those jobs.

Simple interview questions related to the debugger of whichever tool a developer has supposedly been using for the last 5 years sometimes exposes the blatant liars also. Google and online course material (for example, Udemy) usually skips over these areas, as the developer is assumed to learn through practice.

‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post

In my last tech interview, the guy asked what dollar sign was for in jQuery.
        My last interview January 2020 was a brutal face-to-face. The client refused to even consider telephone interviews.

The one before that, we talked about Bavarian bier purity laws 1516. If you ever get asked about German beer at interview, it's worth noting that just because the brewery has been running for 300 years, it does not mean that quality control methods 100 years ago can be compared to today.
        ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

anyone heard of

tagmatix360.com

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
            This seems to happening more and more this year.

I had calls from Arrows Group UK, which I have now blocked, where their people have poor English: "When you make the CV", "If you would be fine", "you can reply me back"
            I don't want this agency to represent my contracting business. It seems like they have outsourced their recruitment consultants.

And then this morning I had an email from a different company outfit supposedly based in Harrow, HA1, London. They also had an office based in India Pty as advertised on the email signature.
            The email was about a ____ developer job in central London for 6 months. So I thought okay, goody.

So I started reading:

The job description text appeared all in blue in my Gmail, and at the bottom of the email it read:

It was complete spam. I just thought this was basic-level bottom of the pyramid stuff. They obviously grabbed my details from JobSite or CWJobs website, because I am looking, but I now believe that this trend of clipper cheap-as-chips cowboy building contractor is very real. Somebody else out there falling for the hook like a fish and it ain't me.

See also the thread State of the Market from a few weeks ago!
            dabster does not have any contact person in Ireland, issue with payment time frame, They use UK numbers + 44 while being in India misleading people. <mod snip> is very abusive, does not care about laws in Ireland. Their contact method is whatsup with Indian numbers. they were already other victims, please check forums

Comment

Calls from these Indian companies are becoming intolerable. Such a waste of time.

Which UK Companies actually use their services/data? Should be named and shamed!
              Last edited by hgllgh; 20 July 2021, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
                Calls from these Indian companies are becoming intolerable. Such a waste of time.

Which UK Companies actually use their services/data? Should be named and shamed!
                where have you been for the last 20 years?

Absolutely tulip loads of UK companies use Indian outsourced services. Especially for development. There probably isn't a company in the FTSE-250 who don't. And I'd be surprised if any of the largest 5,000 companies don't or haven't.
                So what do you think you'll benefit by naming them?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

where have you been for the last 20 years?

Absolutely tulip loads of UK companies use Indian outsourced services. Especially for development. There probably isn't a company in the FTSE-250 who don't. And I'd be surprised if any of the largest 5,000 companies don't or haven't.
                  So what do you think you'll benefit by naming them?
                  +1 - why do you think we tell anyone asking for advice to move up the skillset (from developer to architect) and to do customer facing roles that can't be done remotely (yes I know about Covid but think longer term).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post

From a clients point of view they can sometimes be better.

They will bend over for the client and do the needful when UK agents might not.

Comment

another one for the list:

Mphasis

Comment

Working...
                      X