• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Not quite - the skillset then required a bit of C# knowledge and some Javascript.

Now it would require decent knowledge of Azure / AWS C#, a large amount of Javascript / typescript / node knowledge and a few Javascript frameworks and a lot more besides.
    Yes but it's the same application and you're still coding the same modules, you've just moved it onto the cloud. To be honest that skillset does sound like it's really worth more than 45K.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Yes but it's the same application and you're still coding the same modules, you've just moved it onto the cloud. To be honest that skillset does sound like it's really worth more than 45K.
      I might be paying over the odds as this just appeared on LinkedIn

#Web#Developer x2 (£35k) in Durham - C# .NET, JavaScript, Angular, Node, Azure
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I might be paying over the odds as this just appeared on LinkedIn

#Web#Developer x2 (£35k) in Durham - C# .NET, JavaScript, Angular, Node, Azure
        One of the staff benefits is a free eye test.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          A business trip to Castle Barnard?

Comment

On Friday, I got told that I wasn't going to be renewed in my current role. So end of July I was going to be out of work. It was a bit of a shock to the people on the project as everything was going well however internal politics took place.

On Tuesday, I got an offer over the phone and now the checks have commenced. It will be working from home initially and then I shall be leaving the UK and off to Europe which is a dream for me. I won't officially say boom until the contract lands.

I have a 2 week over lap to manage between the 2 contracts but I will be winding down in one and starting up in the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Eye tests are getting expensive. My local optician sent a letter offering £60

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
                I think this absolutely describes Trump to the letter, it was by Steve Schmidt who ran John Mcains campaign. Brilliantly sums up Trump and scarely our very own Bojo the clown. We to where a country which was flourishing and in ten years we have become a laughing stock of the world. Covid has merely bought this into a sharper focus. Anyway read on...

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.
                "It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was.

A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

JOhn Schmidt
                All I see is Schmidt blaming trump, for the problems brought on by Covid.

Most countries are suffering. Only New Zealand seemed to have a good response, and they had an extra month to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post

Most countries are suffering. Only New Zealand seemed to have a good response, and they had an extra month to think about it.

Interesting, not a single bit of blame here. He was simply pointing out that Trump was an absolute idiot. Only an idiot would argue otherwise, right?

If anything this proves to me you can dupe many people to say and believe what ever you want, yes there will be detractors but you can get enough people on board.

Most of the sound bites you hear, "taking back control" "now is not the time" are dreamt up in think tanks, marketing brain storming meetings and piped out to poor unsuspecting masses. Some of us have the mental capacity to challenge, fewer of us have the wherewithal to see the bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post

NZ also have a low population density and few points of entry making it far easier to manage.

Comment

Stiff upper lip and spineless

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
                      NZ also have a low population density and few points of entry making it far easier to manage.
                      We are an island, let's not sugar coat it. We are in decline helped along by excuse makers and the classic roll over and take it, spineless British spirit.

Anyway back to IR35 and state of the market, anything else we can just roll over and take. We should come up with a list of things the British are good at taking up the backside.

Comment

Working...
                      X