• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something or doesn’t knowledge of GDPR have a very short shelf life?

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      Am I missing something or doesn’t knowledge of GDPR have a very short shelf life?
      Dats what I said.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Up to a point, Lord Copper

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Dats what I said.
        It may do.

For those of us working the seam and who are experienced it’s a goldmine but only because it’s what we’ve been doing for years.

I’ve been audited by technical auditors who have had to be told what SSO and IPSec vs SSL VPNs are (yep) and they’re Practitioners signing off on my clients’ InfoSec postures

Comment

Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post
          It may do.

For those of us working the seam and who are experienced it’s a goldmine but only because it’s what we’ve been doing for years.

I’ve been audited by technical auditors who have had to be told what SSO and IPSec vs SSL VPNs are (yep) and they’re Practitioners signing off on my clients’ InfoSec postures
          I've never met an auditor who knows anything more than the very basics about how computer systems are constructed.

Comment

Originally posted by tpsman View Post
            I've never met an auditor who knows anything more than the very basics about how computer systems are constructed.
            Yes and it’s getting far worse. I thought CLAS consultants were box tickets until the big consultancies started with the GDPR Gangs. I spend around 1 day a week filling in dreadful questionnaires.

Comment

UK economy in weakest growth since 2012 - BBC News
              This is not going to help much although to offset slightly RBS are doing better than expected (shame they are letting people go left right & centre though!)
              RBS profit trebles as costs fall - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by tpsman View Post
                They come from the same stock as "Consultants" who are fresh faced out of University.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                  'Tis the Y2K of 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                    'Tis the Y2K of 2018.
                    That’s ridiculous.
                    GDPR is here to stay. 25th May is just the start.
                    Y2K was over on 1st Jan 2000
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Our GDPR project just ended. In the end there wasn't much to do.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X