• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    ok DA, this one I have got a clue on.

Having been based in Central Europe for the last 18 years and during that time having periods in A, D, B, SE, FI, I've got quite a good view of what's going on, and not to mention, something I haven't shared before, the famous Benes Plan B, is property development, Benes and Co Ltd during the last 7 years have built and sold 50 family houses in Central Europe and next projects in the pipeline, currently negotiating a piece of land for an apartment block - anyway that's beside the point.

So, qualified to answer yes, tick that box, now to answer,

This 3.00quid per hour is exactly the point.

Compared to their home countries the UK is effing expensive, they put up with this, by living carefully and saving every penny, and having no treats, and actually living below the standard that they would live at home, the goal being to save money.

When the pound devalues and prices in the UK rise, they won't be able to save money, and they will return home because their reason for being in the UK, to save money, will have been erased, and their quality of life will be better at home on the 3pound per hour.

This actually already happened, the pound for many years, from the introduction of the Euro to around 2007 floated around 60 to 65p to the Euro, and then I can't remember exactly, 2007/2008 the pound devalued to float around 80p to the euro, this actually bought a wave of Poles and Czechs back home.

The next devaluation of the pound will see more returning home.

Builders, you said, if they can find work, he he that's a joke, there's a building boom in central Europe - simple as that. No reason for anybody not to have a job, there are so many jobs.

As a recruiter you must know the trouble international companies are having to fill roles in the data centers in Central and Eastern Europe, they cannot find anybody locally and are bring people wholesale from Russia, other European countries and latin America

Retail and medical is also doing very well.

So, sorry old chap, in this post, your talking cods wallop.

Toodle pip,

Milan.
    You actually have not countered my points at all. Just once again come up with a load of cliches. there are few jobs in the areas that the majority of EU migrants come to the UK. These are retail and hospitality. Those that exist pay a few hundred Euros a month. In the medical professions nurses earn virtually nothing for which they have to work 300 hours a month for. There are no construction jobs in mediterranean EU other than low paid ones. In eastern EU construction workers earn similar pay to nurses again for long hours. Youth unemployment is very high which is why so many young Europeans come to work in the UK.
    The £ may fall but so does the cost of everything else but like the rest of all your ilk the best you can do is hope for future gloom to support your position (we should already be in dire straits by now). As I said the EU is more likely to collapse than the UK is.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Sarcasm overload.

Of the 50% of young folks that do go to uni, many do not find employment suited to their education, unrewarding, or underpaid for their qualification.

The statistics hide many lies.
      so they come to the UK
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        No we fought them to protect ourselves. The geopolitics (something that is clearly beyond your scope of understanding) may have been that by protecting other countries from tyrannies was part of the program of protecting Britain. After all Hitler did not want to fight Britain and Britain could have stayed out of the war. Ultimately a Europe controlled by the Nazis would have threatened Britain in the future.
        I'm not sure Churchill would agree with you, but you'd probably claim he was some kind of liberal.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

so they come to the UK
          To make you pizza
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

To make you pizza
            not for much longer

Comment

It is not a question of whether I'll be refused. That's a non-issue. Time and time again visa applications fall through (from those coming outside of the EU) because another resource has been found in the interim. The point is clients do not wait! Brexiters just don't get it. I can move from job to job in hours rather than weeks or months.

Local labour is not being undercut. Business just don't want to pay more. Blame the employers!! And customers in the supermarkets will be the first to complain at the increased cost of fresh produce plucked from their fields a year or two down the line when that local labour finally gets off their backside to do the work.
              Lets try again with Colours

Pink Scooter undercuts the locals

so you selling points are you are a quick to obtain resource (quicker than local resources because Germany discourages contracting because of excellent and expensive employment rights) You have already stated you avoid tax so you are likely to be cheaper.
              That is undercutting local labour whatever way you look at it. Not sure why you struggle with that concept. As the wages are at a high level then I will concede your competition should be sufficiently competent to combat it.

Red provision of cheap migrant workers is driving down wages at the bottom end

How do you align Local labour isn't being undercut with Business just don't want to pay? Even MoodyMod would cope with that.

Then you finish with well they are all illegal and its all the customers fault anyway.

jeez.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

not for much longer
                Your local pizza boy moving to the burger industry?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You actually have not countered my points at all. Just once again come up with a load of cliches. there are few jobs in the areas that the majority of EU migrants come to the UK. These are retail and hospitality. Those that exist pay a few hundred Euros a month. In the medical professions nurses earn virtually nothing for which they have to work 300 hours a month for. There are no construction jobs in mediterranean EU other than low paid ones. In eastern EU construction workers earn similar pay to nurses again for long hours. Youth unemployment is very high which is why so many young Europeans come to work in the UK.
                  The £ may fall but so does the cost of everything else but like the rest of all your ilk the best you can do is hope for future gloom to support your position (we should already be in dire straits by now). As I said the EU is more likely to collapse than the UK is.

DA,

if I come up with clichés it's because I am a graduate of DA's school of clichés.

We'll have to agree to disagree because you are moving the goal posts, you're saying the CEE peoples won't go home and now you say you meant southern Europe ?

There are no southern Europeans in the UK on building sites, simple as that.

Share with us why the EU is more likely to collapse than the UK ?

The UK will remain in Europe and Europe will survive by evolving.

That's my wager.

What's your wager ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    The UK will remain in Europe
                    That's my wager.

What's your wager ?

Milan.
                    I disagree, I think once Brussels realises we will leave they will sell the wine lake so they can float the UK into the middle of the Atlantic and out of Europe!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Your local pizza boy moving to the burger industry?
                      His doctor told him he has to stop on the cholesterol.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X