• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

My experience is that the vast majority of folk are usually winging it (and terrified that one day they'll get found out!).
    That does paint quite a picture of the calibre of people YOU surround yourself with NAT.
    For those of us moving in intellectually loftier and more enlightened spheres, we don't tend to view the world through such zany glasses.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Meanwhile back in Devon

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Meanwhile, in a peat bog near you!!

ftfy
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          That does paint quite a picture of the calibre of people YOU surround yourself with NAT.
          For those of us moving in intellectually loftier and more enlightened spheres, we don't tend to view the world through such zany glasses.

Read a newspaper - you'll know I'm right! It's the only rational explanation.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am sure I too could draw the same outlandish conclusions if I hung on every word of the Grauniad, but I prefer to draw my facts from a much wider range of opinion.
            We call it "the REAL World".

Comment

You do realise what you've written there makes no sense on any level. But as I said, incoherent.
              Do please explain the future of the EU, explain how it will affect the general populace and what decisions will be
              made in our name without our consent. Do please explain why they are afraid to tell us what will go on.

Oh sorry you can't..

Understand now??

or do you need a picture ?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Politics aside, are you really telling me that most people you meet on a day to day basis have a clue? The lady doth protest too much, methinks. I mean, come on, you fleece contractors for a living!

My experience is that the vast majority of folk are usually winging it (and terrified that one day they'll get found out!).
                Already been found out but they keep paying me

Seems to be mixed messages on the EU even from the most pro EU rags.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ission-miltary

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ate-an-eu-army

Claims from the leave side about moves to unify Europe’s armed forces are nothing more than fantasy
                Soldier raising a flag
                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-brexit-vote

The EU’s foreign policy chief has outlined her vision of closer European military cooperation following the UK’s vote to leave the union.

Federica Mogherini has proposed setting up a Brussels headquarters for European “battlegroups” capable of mounting military interventions in crises. A headquarters was one of four priority proposals to be presented to EU governments after the Brexit vote, she told Italian newspaper La Repubblica.
                I suppose they could plant trees so the Russians can march in the shade...

The EU exists for the EU royalty they would sell their own grandmother to stay in charge.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Do you know what the EU stands for or where it wants to go? Do you know the big plan?

The Indy and the Guardian are barely newspapers, (well the Indy isn't any more), although at least the Guardian allows people to post pro-Brexit comments, unlike the Indy.

Be honest, most pro-EU voters have no concept of what the EU is other than a cheap holiday every year. If yoyu actually explained it to them they would be shocked into voting Leave.

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Why are you re-highlighting that you haven't a clue?

Do you even know what the makeup of that number is? I bet you don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X