• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Yes, that was also the situation prior to 1972.
    They had to consider their claim. They did not have to accept them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      DA,

if I come up with clichés it's because I am a graduate of DA's school of clichés.

We'll have to agree to disagree because you are moving the goal posts, you're saying the CEE peoples won't go home and now you say you meant southern Europe ?

There are no southern Europeans in the UK on building sites, simple as that.

Share with us why the EU is more likely to collapse than the UK ?

The UK will remain in Europe and Europe will survive by evolving.

That's my wager.

What's your wager ?

Milan.
      I meant both Eastern and Southern EU . You can take either in isolation as both situations support my argument. The only way the EU will evolve is as a superstate gathering more power for itself. There is no sign that the economies will grow and youth unemployment will remain very high for eternity. The reason the UK will thrive is that it is a better environment for small business than EU countries. The EU on the other hand is only interested in playing to the established order of the large corporates.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Your local pizza boy moving to the burger industry?
        That may be so but it wont be in the UK.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          His doctor told him he has to stop on the cholesterol.
          ah you missed the argument again & went for the man?

how typical.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            I meant both Eastern and Southern EU . You can take either in isolation as both situations support my argument. The only way the EU will evolve is as a superstate gathering more power for itself. There is no sign that the economies will grow and youth unemployment will remain very high for eternity. The reason the UK will thrive is that it is a better environment for small business than EU countries. The EU on the other hand is only interested in playing to the established order of the large corporates.

Jesus I nearly spilt my apfel schorle, run that past me again...

"The EU on the other hand is only interested in playing to the established order of the large corporates"

and,, and, the UK is not ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Lets try again with Colours

Pink Scooter undercuts the locals

so you selling points are you are a quick to obtain resource (quicker than local resources because Germany discourages contracting because of excellent and expensive employment rights) You have already stated you avoid tax so you are likely to be cheaper.
              That is undercutting local labour whatever way you look at it. Not sure why you struggle with that concept. As the wages are at a high level then I will concede your competition should be sufficiently competent to combat it.

Red provision of cheap migrant workers is driving down wages at the bottom end

How do you align Local labour isn't being undercut with Business just don't want to pay? Even MoodyMod would cope with that.

Then you finish with well they are all illegal and its all the customers fault anyway.

jeez.
              I'm not undercutting, I'm in a niche market. My USP is a lot to do with my past project experience. Nevertheless clients don't wait. Projects move on, you take advantage of the opportunity when it comes along not because there's a queue of folk standing at the door. I've never once stated I avoid taxes. In fact I'm more than certain I pay a lot more in tax than one man band UK Ltd's.

Businesses at the bottom end of the market are about short-term profits. That's a different game altogether from the top end.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                That may be so but it wont be in the UK.

Yes that's because the youth of Spain have moved to Germany for work.

50% youth unemployment is not much when there's only 84 of you left and a shed load of British pensioners.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  They had to consider their claim. They did not have to accept them.

I remember the Hungarian refugees coming to the UK. The mere fact they were Hungarian was enough reason even though they had travelled across Europe to get here.

BTW: Local shop owner and family were among them. He has just retired and told me his story how he got to the UK.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I remember the Hungarian refugees coming to the UK. The mere fact they were Hungarian was enough reason even though they had travelled across Europe to get here.

BTW: Local shop owner and family were among them. He has just retired and told me his story how he got to the UK.
                    They were all racists though

Comment

Back then the numbers were very small we could lose a thousand in London easily.

The number of asylum seekers before 1979 is difficult to determine as no separate statistics were collated before this point. A Parliamentary answer indicated that in 1973, 34 people had been granted refugee status.[34] The application of the 1951 Convention dealing with the treatment of refugees was still being applied, to a large extent, to those people fleeing persecution from behind the Iron Curtain.

UK asylum applications 1979-2009. Numbers of new applications for asylum, (not including dependents) peaked in 2002 at 84,130 - source; Home Office, Control of Immigration and Asylum statistics, HMSO
                      The total number of asylum applications in 1979 was 1563[35] and by 1988 had risen, fairly steadily but not too dramatically, to 3998.[36] In 1989 the numbers of applications rose sharply, to 11640, and by 1991 had reached 44840. The reasons for the dramatic rise are complex and have to be seen in the context of international travel patterns to other European nations.[37]
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_imm...trol_-_history

We had 10,000 in the Jungle when it was closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X