• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brexit will it ever happen ? Place your bets

    Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
    Brexit means brexit ie leaving the EU. Bremoaners can't process that little nugget so have come up with their own definition of it meaning "rerun the referendum". No wonder they are confused!
    Totally leaving it or partially leaving it? People are confused because some say it's a total break from all EU processes, related organisations, rules, etc. Others say that some of it is up for discussion.
    Those that aren't confused don't understand the difference.

    (Edited to make sure it was clear I was asking a question)
    {emotionless greeting}

    Three Word Slogan

    Comment


      We'll have to wait as to what Brexit actually means but it is probably downgrading membership of the EU to some sort observer associate with an agreement somewhat similar to Norway and Switzerland.

      In the end anyone from the EU will be able to come to the UK if they have a job offer.
      I'm alright Jack

      Comment


        Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        This thread is a hilarious. No one here knows what Brexit means/is.

        And by the time it is defined the UK will look like any other member of the EU but can not join in discussions about its future.

        that's the beauty and the funniness of the situation.

        I have an Italian colleague, he said the Italian media is raving about how post-Brexit Britain is flourishing, I said fer fek's sake we haven't even Brexited yet.

        Milan.

        Comment


          I think what a lot of remainers are struggling with is the fact we have made a decision now we just need to finish off acting on it.

          Its a bit like being an alcoholic - the first step on the road to recovery is admitting it.

          Remoaners seem to think that a 5 day meth n whiskey binge will get rid of the shakes and aid recovery.

          It may do the first but it won't do the second.

          Comment


            Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            It's pretty clear the Nissan letter means the UK will end up half stuck in the EU, which is why Nige is getting all ruffled.

            The most likely contents of the Nissan letter:

            1) The UK will stay in the Customs Union
            2) The car industry will have access to the single market.
            3) There will be the free movement of labour.

            Australia have already done bunk as they know where it's going.

            The thing is about Nissan and in general any area of the country where a large portion of the population is employed by a single large employer there is always a risk of that employer moving or the product becoming cold or nom viable.

            While in the short to medium term we need it longer term we need to find an alternative.

            Comment


              Originally posted by original PM View Post
              ... nom viable.
              Becomes edible?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

              Comment


                Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Becomes edible?
                I think he means that if the UK government have made promises to Nissan about post-Brexit relations with the EU, then he's going to have to eat his own words in the other thread.
                {emotionless greeting}

                Three Word Slogan

                Comment


                  Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I think what a lot of remainers are struggling with is the fact we have made a decision now we just need to finish off acting on it.
                  I think what a lot a wrexiters are struggling with is a basic comprehension of the question "What does Brexit mean?". "Brexit means Brexit" is a meaning-free statement.

                  Does Brexit mean
                  1. We cut all ties with the EU, close the borders to EU citizens, and negotiate trade agreements with other nations/trading blocks
                  2. We negotiate a settlement similar to the Swiss model
                  3. Something between these extremes?

                  It could be argued that 2 (which means retaining freedom of movement, services etc.) is not really leaving the EU.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I think what a lot a wrexiters are struggling with is a basic comprehension of the question "What does Brexit mean?". "Brexit means Brexit" is a meaning-free statement.

                    Does Brexit mean
                    1. We cut all ties with the EU, close the borders to EU citizens, and negotiate trade agreements with other nations/trading blocks
                    2. We negotiate a settlement similar to the Swiss model
                    3. Something between these extremes?

                    It could be argued that 2 (which means retaining freedom of movement, services etc.) is not really leaving the EU.

                    agreed and it is so funny to watch

                    Yay yay, we're bexiting and we're going to wash our hands of them and oh, nothing actually changed but now we pay a fortune to be on the sidelines of the club

                    that's the point, even Brexit is not Brexit

                    Milan.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      agreed and it is so funny to watch

                      Yay yay, we're bexiting and we're going to wash our hands of them and oh, nothing actually changed but now we pay a fortune to be on the sidelines of the club

                      that's the point, even Brexit is not Brexit

                      Milan.
                      This is what was in Nissan's letter
                      I'm alright Jack

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X