• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Why? Didn't need one before joining the common market.
    Don't take everything I say at face value
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      DA, I'll ignore the first item about the language test because that's how it is on the mainland, you wanna work in a big company you gotta have English B1 or higher. Why the UK doesn't do that, best you ask Mrs May.

2nd point, I am really Brexit curious, but before I join you on the Brexit bus, I just want to understand, at nuts and bolts level, what exactly does leaving mean ?

Please share you personal vision of Brexit, here let me help you, it could be like this...

Dodgy's Vision of Brexit and Post Brexit Britain...

Britain's independently negotiated trade deals with all foreign countries

Tighter borders

Everybody speaks English

School places for all children

Affordable housing

Higher Export driven economy

etc

see what I mean, what's the Brexiter's vision of post Brexit Britain ?

Thanks in advance,

Milan.
      You try to nail down to many certainties.

What is the Brexiters vision of brexit?

A Uk which is not a part of the EU nor does it have to bow to pressure or rules from the EU central powers.

There pretty simple no?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        It is discriminatory to force an EU job seeker to pass a language test in order to get a job.
        Are you being very careful in your wording in an effort to make a point, or are you unaware of the Immigration Act?

I suspect it is the first. "FORCING" someone to pass a test may be discriminatory , but it is perfectly legal to require someone to have good English skills to be able to work in certain roles...
        https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sector-workers
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

DA, I'll ignore the first item about the language test because that's how it is on the mainland, you wanna work in a big company you gotta have English B1 or higher. Why the UK doesn't do that, best you ask Mrs May.

2nd point, I am really Brexit curious, but before I join you on the Brexit bus, I just want to understand, at nuts and bolts level, what exactly does leaving mean ?

Please share you personal vision of Brexit, here let me help you, it could be like this...

Dodgy's Vision of Brexit and Post Brexit Britain...

Britain's independently negotiated trade deals with all foreign countries

Tighter borders

Everybody speaks English

School places for all children

Affordable housing

Higher Export driven economy

etc

see what I mean, what's the Brexiter's vision of post Brexit Britain ?

Thanks in advance,

Milan.
          Why do I need to have a vision for Brexit other than one that is laid out by the government of the day? I can see what you are trying to do (Unfortunately you are not clever enough to pull it off). You are trying to draw the Brexiteers into giving policy details which you can then try and unpick. In which case why don't you go first and show us the way with your vision of how the EU will unfold were we to remain in it?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Ok I'll bite cos i got nothing better to do.

So

1) Free movement of labour, not free movement of people.
            2) Ability trade with who we want on terms mutually agreeable to both parties without having to have agreements ratified by 27 other countries with opposing goals.
            3) Zero interference from other countries on our policies

And just to stir things up - on 11th November it will be remembrance day - when we use the tagline
            'Lest we forget' lets us remember that what that means is let us not forget those who fought and died so we would not have our civil liberties dictated to us from a central European tyranny.

For those of you who voted remain - you did forget - you forgot because you valued your cheap latte over the broken skulls of our grandparents and you should hang your heads in shame.

ok aside of the stiring, let's have a look at each item...

1) Free movement of labour, not free movement of people.

Without going into "refugees" (which isn't going to go away Brexit or not), this is implemented in Germany, Austria etc, try and go there and set up shop with no job and no intention to be economically active - so this isn't the EU's fault this is the UK government's fault

2) Ability trade with who we want on terms mutually agreeable to both parties without having to have agreements ratified by 27 other countries with opposing goals.

Are you sure you'll get better deals ?

3) Zero interference from other countries on our policies

What about the US, are you including them in this ?

Still don't see this one in the EU, can't remember the last time I heard another EU state blocking France, or Austria or Germany for doing what they wanted

So that's it, that's what Brexit means ?

All of this can be solved while being in the EU.

But if the point of the Brexiter is to stubbornly not be part of the EU, then ok it's an argument that will never end.

Milan.

Comment

From the moment we trigger Article 50 there will be 2 years of negotiation, during which time just what "Brexit" will look like will be thrashed out. Unless someone has a crystal ball available, it is impossible at this stage to fully quantify just what the end result will be in its entirety.
              Now I know that for many remainers, their little worlds fall apart if everything is not set down in stone for them to slavishly follow. However, for the majority of us, we are confident and comfortable that our vote to Leave will ultimately leave us better placed to face the future. That is the risk and decision that the country took.
              DA and others have already pointed out many of the reasons why we took the decision we did. You will have plenty of time to catch up with things as they unfold over the coming years, but do try and ease back from the incessant fretting. You are like a bunch of toddlers constantly whining "Are we there yet??"

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                And just to stir things up - on 11th November it will be remembrance day - when we use the tagline
                'Lest we forget' lets us remember that what that means is let us not forget those who fought and died so we would not have our civil liberties dictated to us from a central European tyranny.

For those of you who voted remain - you did forget - you forgot because you valued your cheap latte over the broken skulls of our grandparents and you should hang your heads in shame.
                Wow, you are DEEPLY OFFENSIVE.
                Those who fought in the Great War, the Second World War and the other wars/battles which are remembered on 11/11, they fought to keep us free. Free from racism. Free from religious intolerance. Free from hatred. Free from living in fear.

If you think that everyone who voted to remain disagrees with that, you are so wildly wrong.

You are disgusting.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Are you being very careful in your wording in an effort to make a point, or are you unaware of the Immigration Act?

I suspect it is the first. "FORCING" someone to pass a test may be discriminatory , but it is perfectly legal to require someone to have good English skills to be able to work in certain roles...
                  https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sector-workers
                  Within EU law it is discriminatory to make an EU worker pass a test such as IELTS in order to qualify for a job. You are right it is perfectly legal to require someone to speak whatever standard of English is required. What this legislation does is that it forces employers to take each applicant on merit and means they are more likely to interview them. To make them pass a test or attain some sort of official "level" means that people can be arbitrarily discounted.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Why do I need to have a vision for Brexit other than one that is laid out by the government of the day? I can see what you are trying to do (Unfortunately you are not clever enough to pull it off). You are trying to draw the Brexiteers into giving policy details which you can then try and unpick. In which case why don't you go first and show us the way with your vision of how the EU will unfold were we to remain in it?

you got me there DA, I am guilty of, "You are trying to draw the Brexiteers into giving policy details which you can then try and unpick",

attention all Brexiters, the remainers are trying to draw us in and get our policy details (which we don't have but they don't know that)

looks like a scene from Dad's Army - don't tell 'em your name Pike

Ok your fair question,

"In which case why don't you go first and show us the way with your vision of how the EU will unfold were we to remain in it?"

the EU is not going to unfold, the EU is a project, and actually I find the whole Brexit saga very positive because yes, the EU does need reforming and yes the EU is over doing things in certain directions, and thanks to the UK escalating it is forcing the EU to look inwardly and think about what can be improved, so no arguments there.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Totally leaving it or partially leaving it? People are confused because some say it's a total break from all EU processes, related organisations, rules, etc. Others say that some of it is up for discussion.
                      Those that aren't confused don't understand the difference.

(Edited to make sure it was clear I was asking a question)
                      Brexit means when the kiddies learn the list of EU member nations at school, UK won't be on the list.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X