• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is a choice. What will you choose to be today?
    I think I speak on behalf of most when I point out that your plumping for "Village Idiot" with such tedious regularity is wearing a bit thin scooter.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The day you start thinking is an awesome thought to be sure.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The day you start thinking is an awesome thought to be sure.
        I'm not sure. Thinking should be left to those who know how. A little thinking can be dangerous.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          A little thinking can be dangerous.
          And who better to comment on that phenomenon than you?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Socttish Independence a greater threat to Scotland's financial services than Brexit.

Have we done this one? Can't see it anywhere.

Basically, Scots leave the UK and English customers leave the Scottish banks. And in the meantime, Sturgeon is shafting her own economy by threatening another referendum.

Scooter would be worried, if he hadn't already abandoned his homeland and shifted to become an EU worker.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              well it would shut up the bremoaners if it were 66%
              It would make it far more certain that the result reflected the views of all eligible voters, not just those that got off their backsides. Of course the margin of the win wouldn't affect the consequences of Brexit one jot.

I wonder if Brexit would win again?
              I think it probably would, with a bigger margin. In 1997, in Winchester, the Tories were beaten by two votes and eventually won the right for a revote. The result was a 20000+ majority win for the Liberals. "The people" don't like their will being questioned.

Lets see apart from currency being devalued
              which is already quite significant
              ,...some refugees from Calais who are well on their way to a free pension
              Not an EU issue - rather a France/UK issue. But I applaud your smug mean-spiritedness
              where is the economic Armageddon?
              No economic armageddon, rather the UK is currently less rich than it was (that's what the devalued currency means).

Post brexit (which you may have noticed hasn't happened yet) there a few alternatives.
              1. The UK will remain poorer than it would have been for quite a while. Eventually the effects of Brexit will disappear in the chaotic noise of the world economy, but perhaps the long term result will be that the UK will be as economically significant to the world economy as Portugal is now.
              2. Brexit will in some way result in an economic boom and Britain will emerge stronger than ever.
              3. Same as 1, but it would have been worse if we'd stayed in
              4. Same as 2, but it would have better if we'd stayed in.

If 2 doesn't happen, then Brexiters will claim that we're in scenario 3.
              If 1 doesn't happen, then Bremainers will claim that we're in scenario 4.

Since we don't have a parallel world to see what would have happened, it's all speculation. What we do know is that right now Britain is not as rich as it was, and that this is probably a direct consequence of the referendum result.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                This thread is a hilarious. No one here knows what Brexit means/is.
                I looked it up in the dictionary

Brexit
                noun
                See Brexit
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Also:

Brexit
                  verb
                  See Brexit
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's pretty clear the Nissan letter means the UK will end up half stuck in the EU, which is why Nige is getting all ruffled.

The most likely contents of the Nissan letter:

1) The UK will stay in the Customs Union
                    2) The car industry will have access to the single market.
                    3) There will be the free movement of labour.

Australia have already done bunk as they know where it's going.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brexit means brexit ie leaving the EU. Bremoaners can't process that little nugget so have come up with their own definition of it meaning "rerun the referendum". No wonder they are confused!
                      I get up...

Comment

Working...
                      X