• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else not been paid for a few weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else not been paid for a few weeks?

I am working via a fairly large supplier to a bank and haven't been paid for three weeks.

We all know how useless some of these companies can be when it comes to being paid on time but it turns out that a few other people at my firm via the same supplier have also not been paid.

I have experienced the odd missing week over the years from the various firms I have worked through but this has always been resolved by a phone call or email but all I am getting is radio silence at the moment. My umbrella have also been chasing and received no reply.

I won't name and shame just yet - just wondering if they may be the latest victims of hacking...

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I won't name and shame just yet - just wondering if they may be the latest victims of hacking...
    if you don't name them how can you expect an answer to your question?
    Talk to your manager and ask them what's going on and then down tools.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Has the client signed your timesheets? I.e. are you just waiting for payment, or are you stuck a bit earlier in the process?

Comment

Nah, I've been paid like clockwork for the past 6 years. I only had one invoice late which was sorted on the day after a phone call.

Comment

I am working via a fairly large supplier to a bank and haven't been paid for three weeks.

We all know how useless some of these companies can be when it comes to being paid on time but it turns out that a few other people at my firm via the same supplier have also not been paid.

I have experienced the odd missing week over the years from the various firms I have worked through but this has always been resolved by a phone call or email but all I am getting is radio silence at the moment. My umbrella have also been chasing and received no reply.

What are your payment terms?

If it feels like they've gone beyond what's reasonable - and not answering calls:

Don't wait for them to give you notice to look for a new role. Far better to have some irons in the fire and have to say no to a new opportunity, than waiting for a month to pass then burning through your archest while you're looking
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Hays are the only agency that have messed me around with payment. Roughly a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

What are your payment terms?

If it feels like they've gone beyond what's reasonable - and not answering calls:

Don't wait for them to give you notice to look for a new role. Far better to have some irons in the fire and have to say no to a new opportunity, than waiting for a month to pass then burning through your archest while you're looking
              Timesheet signed by Monday for previous week, payment on Friday.

Comment

Timesheet signed by Monday for previous week, payment on Friday.
                Those are rather tight terms! What's the situation now?
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Those are rather tight terms! What's the situation now?
                  Are they? They're pretty standard now.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

Are they? They're pretty standard now.
                    Yup. I'm on that and was last contract as well.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X