• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone else not been paid for a few weeks?"

Collapse

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I’ve seen such a variation. From weekly invoicing with pay within a week, to invoice monthly with 30 day terms. Current one is weekly with 30 day terms.

The first invoice will always be the most important one to watch closely. Did the timesheet go to the approver or is their spam filter blocking it? (happens a lot for me). Did the client approve it? Be polite but direct with your client. Did the agent use self billing and is it actually working? Did the client receive an invoice? (not your problem but the agent may delay payment).

The other thing you might see is when the agency finance team announces their own payment schedule and seasonal disruptions due to staff holidays that they expect contractors to suck up even if it breaches the terms of your contract.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Here’s more advice.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...nt-advice.html

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by archer100 View Post
    Hello, I have started a contract on 1st of JULY but I haven't been paid yet a singe penny
    The recruiter from the Agency told me that invoices are usually paid on last Friady of each month, so normally I should have been paid the July time on AUG 26
    How normal is this?
    Any advice?

How normal is this?

Very - the payroll departments of these agencies seem to recruit directly from clown college.

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    Hello, I have started a contract on 1st of JULY but I haven't been paid yet a singe penny
    The recruiter from the Agency told me that invoices are usually paid on last Friady of each month, so normally I should have been paid the July time on AUG 26
    How normal is this? It's my first contract and my first invoice, so I don't have any experience of how things work and what is normal and what is not, so I don't know what my proper actions would be
    Any advice?
    Do you need to submit timesheets for this role, to say how many days you've worked each week/month? If so, have those timesheets been approved by the end client?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    How normal is this? It's my first contract and my first invoice, so I don't have any experience of how things work and what is normal and what is not, so I don't know what my proper actions would be
    Any advice?
    If you are working via an umbrella get them to chase up and advance payment to you.

If you are working direct - chase them up politely today by phone and emphasis that you will be passing the overdue payment to Debt Collection and Debt Recovery from Safe Collections (safe-collections.com) if it's not received tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• archer100
    replied
    Any advice?

Leave a comment:

• Jarman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    ...and I have just been called to discuss missing payments...

...and they called the wrong person and started discussing details of another contractor who is missing payments....
    You can't write it

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Don't wait for them to give you the signal to start job searching. Make sure you have a plan B you can turn down.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    ...and I have just been called to discuss missing payments...

...and they called the wrong person and started discussing details of another contractor who is missing payments....

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    ...and they have missed another week.

Since the start of the tax year only a single payment was made on the correct date. This time payment got 'stuck' in their system. The same thing happened to my colleague as well.

Leave a comment:

• ensignia
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Perhaps for office temps and so on - real supplier companies work to something closer to a monthly/quarterly cycle. Who'd need it more often?
    Real supplier companies

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Great news

did they explain what happened in the end?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Paid today for four weeks.
    Great news

did they explain what happened in the end?

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Those are rather tight terms! What's the situation now?
    Paid today for four weeks.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yup. I'm on that and was last contract as well.
    Perhaps for office temps and so on - real supplier companies work to something closer to a monthly/quarterly cycle. Who'd need it more often?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X