• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you term sausage factories can be very efficient. It all falls down when you stop investing in staff, stop treating the staff as people, put inexperienced people in charge and only have a short term view because you’re planning to sell the business.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      What you term sausage factories can be very efficient. It all falls down when you stop investing in staff, stop treating the staff as people, put inexperienced people in charge and only have a short term view because you’re planning to sell the business.
      Where that strategy seems to fall down is that any business that is up for sale only a short time after being bought, which is losing/has lost many key staff and a lot of dissatisfied customers have left/are leaving - The sum likely to be realised on the sale is likely to be much less than what it was bought for. The laughing I can hear down in Monaco is positively deafening in its volume. Once valuable and admired brands like SJD and NW now seem toxic to me.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

So where are all the refugees from SJD and NW going?
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          It would be ironic if they were going to Clearsky!
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Dynamo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
              Dynamo
              I don't think so...

From their website:
              Dynamo Accounts is a trading name of Henton & Co LLP, a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under
              registration number OC300006. VAT registration number 664774396
              I wouldn't touch an accountant LLP with yours, Tony.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I don't think so...

From their website:

I wouldn't touch an accountant LLP with yours, Tony.
                Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                  Why?
                  Too secretive, and because there are no rules of ‘capital maintenance’, LLP members are free to withdraw profits whereas for Ltds rules for capital maintenance restrict members from withdrawing profits if accumulated profits are insufficient.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

LLP

Too secretive, and because there are no rules of ‘capital maintenance’, LLP members are free to withdraw profits whereas for Ltds rules for capital maintenance restrict members from withdrawing profits if accumulated profits are insufficient.
                    Not when they're bound by regulatory guidelines from the ICAEW

Comment

But since they are not handling my money, and their advice and service to date has been pretty damn good, does that really matter? SJD were brilliant until it all fell apart with no warning. I fail to see a substantive difference in risk.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X