• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johngerald View Post
    Is it just me ? But I’m not convinced that this is just a Systems “issue” - is anyone aware of the current financial state of Parasol ?
    Highly likely not to be financial. They were bought out by a big venture capital group a while back and every company in the group seems to have issues. Parasol, SJD, Nixon Williams are all having issues.

My money is that they have been hit by ransomeware or similar.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Highly likely not to be financial. They were bought out by a big venture capital group a while back and every company in the group seems to have issues. Parasol, SJD, Nixon Williams are all having issues.

My money is that they have been hit by ransomeware or similar.
      The Brookson announcement gives the game away - the umbrella firms are all being targeted as they look to be easy targets with a lot of cash flowing in and out on a Thursday / Friday.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Together with the Ukraine government it would seem...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The Brookson announcement gives the game away - the umbrella firms are all being targeted as they look to be easy targets with a lot of cash flowing in and out on a Thursday / Friday.
          Or a competitor taking each company out

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Or a competitor taking each company out
            Anyone seen Lucy?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Anyone seen Lucy?
              lucyclarityumbrella was last seen attending an ethical hacking course.......

Comment

Originally posted by Johngerald View Post
                Is it just me ? But I’m not convinced that this is just a Systems “issue” - is anyone aware of the current financial state of Parasol ?
                Not Parasol, but I heard some disturbing rumours about Brookson sometime back. Brookson and Parasol arent in the same group AFAIK.
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

lucyclarityumbrella was last seen attending an ethical hacking course.......

that did make me chuckle - I'll stick to payroll thanks! Dodgy lot these IT folk!

Comment

Recent email

"The root cause of this issue has been identified as malicious activity on our network. This activity did not enter via the core Parasol platforms, but to ensure the safety and integrity of your data, we suspended our systems to protect the Parasol community. As you know, this included the MyParasol portal and our usual outbound and inbound communication channels."

I think he probably meant "did not enter the core systems" and not via?

"Please be reassured, we are aware of our obligations under data protection laws. We will therefore keep you fully informed if our current understanding changes. Our security partner and internal team identified the malicious activity very quickly. The ongoing forensic exercise and investigations currently indicate that your personal information has not been extracted"

Comment

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
                      Recent email

"The root cause of this issue has been identified as malicious activity on our network. This activity did not enter via the core Parasol platforms, but to ensure the safety and integrity of your data, we suspended our systems to protect the Parasol community. As you know, this included the MyParasol portal and our usual outbound and inbound communication channels."
                      Suspended for five days - and still no sign of any recovery? I'm really hoping they have up-to-date backups. Would an attachment via email be considered a 'core' parasol platform?

With regard to contacting them, as per the emails:

Livechat - doesn't work
                      Phone - nobody answers - it just rings out
                      email - nobody responds.

Total mess. I've already been looking around for other Umbrella's. I'd rather work via my own Ltd Co - but the end clients in the financial sector won't permit that model anymore.
                      Last edited by pacontracting; 14 January 2022, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X