• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

I think getting a fresh passport and drivers licence is a good start.
    Why? A replacement driving licence will have the same driver number, name, date of birth and address on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UK_full_licence_dec_2021.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	4206279

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

I have a very strong suspicion that only a few companies actually check that the passport or driving license you send them hasn't actually been cancelled, so I don't see how that is going to help. I mean when I'm ID checked I'm also asked for a copy of a utility bill and I know utility companies will refuse to confirm you are a customer of theirs.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whitelime View Post
    Hi All,

I was with NW from 2014 --> 2021 and have had no contact from NW since the news broke.

I've sent a DSAR via email to [email protected] using a template (I believe from Lance) found in another thread.

I'm registered to Experian via MSE Credit Club.

What else should I be doing considering my passport is probably available for free on the Dark Web? Does CIFAS make day-to-day life a huge pain?

Cheers, WL
    You should be able to register with all 3 of the major ones for free.

Information on MSE site here - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/lo...credit-report/

The last few people I told about CIFAS and did it, didn't complain it was difficult.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 23 February 2022, 11:58. Reason: Edited to add MSE link

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by Whitelime View Post
    Hi All,

I was with NW from 2014 --> 2021 and have had no contact from NW since the news broke.

I've sent a DSAR via email to [email protected] using a template (I believe from Lance) found in another thread.

What else should I be doing considering my passport is probably available for free on the Dark Web? Does CIFAS make day-to-day life a huge pain?

Cheers, WL

Leave a comment:

• Whitelime
    replied
    Hi All,

Cheers, WL

Leave a comment:

• Wilf
    replied
    Today I rang the Experian "dedicated helpline". The bloke knew less about what was going on than my cat.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by KUWTC View Post
    Ambulance chasers or not, the fact they reckon they've already pulled out data going back to 2011 from Parasol data dump is pretty staggering. Did they not delete anything?! https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...-of-their-data
    Accountants need to keep things for years.

and then it’s easier just to keep it as electronically it doesn’t take up the physical space paper.

now in retrospect that was a bad idea but there are a lot of steps in that bad idea and there was an awful lot of work needed to fix it

Brookson’s had gone a long way further in fixing those issues (I know they were an MS house so files were on sharepoint) but even that doesn't seem to have helped them much.

Leave a comment:

• KUWTC
    replied
    Ambulance chasers or not, the fact they reckon they've already pulled out data going back to 2011 from Parasol data dump is pretty staggering. Did they not delete anything?! https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...-of-their-data

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by I am tired TIRED View Post
    Cases being built against Parasol (for compensation)?

https://kellerlenkner-databreach.co.uk/parasol-group/

Company's review not great:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...rlenkner.co.uk
    They are just ambulance chasers jumping on situations to make a quick buck. I had a couple of ads come up about the Easyjet (or Ryanair) databreach from some solicitors trying to get you to sign up for compensation. To be fair every single comment, and there was a lot of them, were pretty scathing about what they do, even by some people who said they'd been affected. People generally do not like these types of companies which is nice to see.

Leave a comment:

• fulcon
    replied
    Originally posted by 1ne0fFU View Post
    I know it is only little recompense, but has anyone received a refund of their margins as promised used by Parasol? Also Is anyone having problems with not receiving their payslips when clicking the button to have them emailed them to yourselves? It is a disgrace tbh as it always used to fail!

E-mailing payslips wasn't working for me when the portal originally came back online but on Friday I was able to send myself all the payslips I was missing except for the 1st week of January (week 41) which isn't available on the portal.

They have changed the system to send a password protected .ZIP file instead of just sending you a .PDF copy. It's not unheard of for encrypted .ZIP files to blocked or quarantined depending on who's hosting your e-mail.

I can't comment on the margin refund as I'm "margin free" (I pay NW extra so I can switch between Ltd. and Umbrella depending on contract status).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X