• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas do - Friday 10 December, London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've picked the venue, see the first post for the details.
    Looks good

Google has 360° internal photography; it's a bit tricky to get properly oriented, but this appears to be the space in question: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!1BCgIgARICCAI

And only around a ten/fifteen minute walk to the Woodins Shades, assuming that's still the late-opening venue of choice in that neck of the woods
    Last edited by NickFitz; 22 October 2021, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Looks good

Google has 360° internal photography; it's a bit tricky to get properly oriented, but this appears to be the space in question: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!1BCgIgARICCAI

And only around a ten/fifteen minute walk to the Woodins Shades, assuming that's still the late-opening venue of choice in that neck of the woods
      We've been moved to the Piano Bar downstairs due to a balls up on my part (I booked the wrong date ) So I'll be popping in this weekend to scout it out and make sure Court at least gets a soft landing when he falls down the stairs after his 10th Guinness

Comment

We've been moved to the Piano Bar downstairs due to a balls up on my part (I booked the wrong date ) So I'll be popping in this weekend to scout it out and make sure Court at least gets a soft landing when he falls down the stairs after his 10th Guinness
        There's a piano here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!1BCgIgARICCAI

And that door to the street beyond the piano appears to be step-free on the outside

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

There's a piano here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!1BCgIgARICCAI

And that door to the street beyond the piano appears to be step-free on the outside
          That is the exact corner we have been given! The entrance is on Moorfields, Keats at the Globe.

Good for the smokers, close to the loos for thems with peanut sized bladders, close to the bar.

Comment

I would love to give a definite for this and I will try - it just falls right on an awkward day in terms of a project I've got going on.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              I would love to give a definite for this and I will try - it just falls right on an awkward day in terms of a project I've got going on.
              That's what RoS is there for

Comment

Not to mention MOO and SDD - who's in charge?
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Yeah, substitute yourself for someone interesting and send them to the do.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yeah, substitute yourself for someone interesting and send them to the do.
                    You sending your accountant then?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Slow on the uptake .. only just seen this!

I'm a big maybe, just need to find a cheap hotel for the night, or a mate who doesn't mind me vomming all over their sofa at 2 in the morning.

Never met any of you guys in real life ..... I promise I'll behave so anyone who wants to bring along their wives/partners, they are safe
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X