• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "good news, screening works"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why am I reading this thread while eating my lunch that includes salad vegetables?
    more roughage?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why am I reading this thread while eating my lunch that includes salad vegetables?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Won't be long before advanced tech provides auto detectors in toilets.
    A loo that sticks things up your bum? I can see that being quite popular . Might be a good idea not to implemet it in public toilets though.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

The prep was the worst bit of the colonoscopies I've had… stuff tests disgusting, the thickener in it feels disgusting and then you've got to get rid of it the other end

The colonoscopist were trivial in comparison
    Bouncing the colonoscope off my diaphragm to get it "round the corner" was rather uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Always.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Worth linking this again

https://singletrackworld.com/2009/02...hread-returns/

Leave a comment:

• Andy2022
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The stuff they give you to clean out your colon is pretty satisfying though...
    One of - if not the best crap I've ever had.
    The prep was the worst bit of the colonoscopies I've had… stuff tests disgusting, the thickener in it feels disgusting and then you've got to get rid of it the other end

The colonoscopist were trivial in comparison

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

I bow to your superior knowledge in this area.
    Yes. Both ends at the same time: the B&Q orange bucket is remarkably useful in this regard for the upper end since it fits one's face quite comfortably.

Quite unpleasant all in all.

WTF is that? I don't remember eating anything like that

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Norovirus is somewhat more effective, from both ends.
    I bow to your superior knowledge in this area.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Norovirus is somewhat more effective, from both ends.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer2021
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Does anyone do PSA tests ? I was listening to Simon Jordan who suggest doing this.

I’ve been buying the self check kits online from Superdrug (no affiliation!) annually, they’ve got others for diabetes, etc too. Probably better getting an actual reading from the docs so you can see if it changes, but feel it’s better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Won't be long before advanced tech provides auto detectors in toilets.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

colonoscopy is hardly a laugh a minute

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Last time I went to hospital for a checkup, I followed the sign for the proctologist.

My wife followed the signs for the gynocologist

and for Katy Price

Click image for larger version

Name:	1814c9a7-e021-49a8-affe-870652bd71e9_1998279077.jpeg?h=540&w=540.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	4271068

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Last time I went to hospital for a checkup, I followed the sign for the proctologist.

My wife followed the signs for the gynocologist

Leave a comment:

Working...
X