• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another One Bites The Dust"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Have we done this one yet?

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    The dust is bitten

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    The lectern is out.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

My experience is 50/50.
    Normally not as high as that. Some outsourcers and consultancies only require a pulse to invoice.

When the team are internal its frequently better.
    Plenty are nice Guys & Gals but not what we expect at their level.

Leave a comment:

• willendure
    replied

My experience is 50/50.
    There was the odd gem to be fair. And I would also add that I never disliked them as people, in fact on occasions when working physically together in the same office we even had a lot of fun. But their code... jesus wept.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by willendure View Post

Good. Indian IT workers are appalling and the bane of my life whenever I have had to work with them.
    My experience is 50/50.

Leave a comment:

• willendure
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...killed-workers

Immigration Concerns

But talks between India and the UK have hit a snag over easier access to thousands of skilled workers from the South Asian nation that is likely to push finalizing a free-trade agreement beyond the October deadline.

New Delhi’s position has hardened in the ongoing negotiations amid concerns raised by UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman on migration from India. The comments made last week prompted India to say both the nations should “honor” the “understanding” with regards to migration mobility.

Good. Indian IT workers are appalling and the bane of my life whenever I have had to work with them.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I'm not the right demographic to automatically think of beavers.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Maybe people should be appointed as PM & ministers via a national lottery. Can't be worse than the current lot, or any of the alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Snooky View Post

Paul Goodman was my MP for a number of years, before crazy Steve Baker took over. A thoroughly decent guy and actually worked really hard for his constituents.
    Yes, he's quite a thoughtful chap.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    Paul Goodman was my MP for a number of years, before crazy Steve Baker took over. A thoroughly decent guy and actually worked really hard for his constituents.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's not being bad it's being in disagreement.
    She has the word "Beaver" in her name and you went with that tosh?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Her real name is Sue Ellen, which I suspect she only uses on internet fora. The "Suella" thing is just marketing on her part.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    How bad do you have to be at your job if you get sacked from a Truss cabinet?
    It's not being bad it's being in disagreement.
    Cruella Evilman has gone!

She has resigned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X