• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in a recession"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Now that makes sense she had popped out to get you to leave, you were frightening the real customers.
    Still don't get why they had to call the police. I told them I was an important member of the CUK forum, we're all rich contractors ... they suggested I go to the BMW showroom next door as that's what really important classy contractors drive, don't ya know

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

She's living a hard life now going out with me
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I nipped in to use the loo .... the girl is the sale rep
    Now that makes sense she had popped out to get you to leave, you were frightening the real customers.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

1)

2) doesn't come remotely close to my situation.

I don't need to constantly attempt to big myself up to compensate for a lack of any self worth, or even personality, unlike your miserable self.
    Your posts would suggest otherwise. Trying to put people down, because you're jealous, is a way to try to big yourself up and is you compensating for your own inadequacies. Pretty sad really.

Not miserable at the moment thanks. Have had some pretty dark moments after Rachel died, but sorted my head out and I'm in a really good place now. You'll see most, if not all, my posts are positive - no whining like some on here. Yes I take the P out of Vetty but in (mostly) good humour, but I don't whine and self pity at how the world hasn't given me what I deserve.

But you crack on fella, I've gone through the worst 18 months and come out the other end pretty good. Nothing some random sad stranger can say to me on a faceless forum is going to upset me But feel free to keep trying if that makes you happy

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

That's what the fat one said, hence why I posted the pic of me and the young lass ... I'm not a tosser. Now, you lonely guys living in bedsits, or with a wife that doesn't give out anymore ....
    1)

2) doesn't come remotely close to my situation.

I don't need to constantly attempt to big myself up to compensate for a lack of any self worth, or even personality, unlike your miserable self.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The person in the picture is who identified himself as The Warty one at the Christmas do. There were plenty of witnesses.

Leave the lady out of this, apart from wondering at her poor relationship choices and why she is settling so far down the looks scale she is off limits.

I suspect they popped into the Showroom and took a picture.

That is cool with an E-Type, Ferrari or Aston but next to a hairdressers conveyance it looks a little sad I agree.
    I nipped in to use the loo .... the girl is the sale rep

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

She doesn't look under-age.
    She's lived a hard life

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    and still at it. what a bunch of pathetic tossers.
    That's what the fat one said, hence why I posted the pic of me and the young lass ... I'm not a tosser. Now, you lonely guys living in bedsits, or with a wife that doesn't give out anymore ....

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    She's an intelligent, educated, independent, girl who happens to be hot too ....
    She doesn't look under-age.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    and still at it. what a bunch of pathetic tossers.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

If this is even you, I can't understand how you though this was worthy of a brag. The car is ok but not mind blowing, you look like an old turd and the lady doesn't look much better to be honest.
    The person in the picture is who identified himself as The Warty one at the Christmas do. There were plenty of witnesses.

Leave the lady out of this, apart from wondering at her poor relationship choices and why she is settling so far down the looks scale she is off limits.

I suspect they popped into the Showroom and took a picture.

That is cool with an E-Type, Ferrari or Aston but next to a hairdressers conveyance it looks a little sad I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

You might do if someone 10 years younger tips up in an M5
    An M5 .... are you kidding? Firstly, I wouldn't touch a BMW with a bargepole. And secondly, I wanted a 2 seater so the only one I'd vaguely consider is the Z4 and it's nasty compared to the Audi.

But hey, you want to drive an M5 you crack on fella but not for me.

I did consider the Toyota Supra but the TTRS was just so lush that it was a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Just pointing out that not all of us need 'self love'.
    You might do if someone 10 years younger tips up in an M5

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

If this is even you, I can't understand how you though this was worthy of a brag. The car is ok but not mind blowing, you look like an old turd and the lady doesn't look much better to be honest.
    Love the jealousy on this thread now. You guys crack me up. There are a lot of inadequate blokes on here ......

Of course you'll claim you're not jealous, your wife is such a beaut, you're considerably richer than the rest of us, and so-so successful .... whilst discussing mortgages and the state of the market as you need to work to pay the bills.

As you were

Oh, and it wasn't a brag .... it was a response to the fat one from Slough who suggested I needed rest my right hand and read Razzle less. Just pointing out that not all of us need 'self love'.
    Last edited by Whorty; 8 August 2022, 12:54.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You are Yorkie62 and I claim my £5
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2624226
    Wrong ... you owe me a tenner.

Everyone knows who I am, some have even been lucky enough to meet me. Most have even seen my brief tv appearance. Do try to keep up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X