• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Antique TV

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Antique TV"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I used to have a huge (for the time) Sony CRT TV. I could just about lift it for small movings about but definitely needed two people if you wanted to move it a bit further.
    There's a 21" CTX 4:3 monitor in the front room office cum tip that's so heavy that I can't move it anymore, other than from desk to desk when I'm cleaning.

Now I think about it there's a 26" 4:3 crt Panasonic tv in there too, which is ditto.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Should we include mods in our estimate?
    they said spammers not addled brains getting lost on the way to the loo (Cojak obviously excepted!)

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Do you know how many spammers per day hit this forum, whose posts you don't see because we keep on top of them?
    Should we include mods in our estimate?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Wind your neck in.

RobertMason's email address is listed as a known spammer from Bangladesh. He isn't our local troll. Just because you saw his account being created around the time Baddish was banned you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Do you know how many spammers per day hit this forum, whose posts you don't see because we keep on top of them?
    2?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I used to have a huge (for the time) Sony CRT TV. I could just about lift it for small movings about but definitely needed two people if you wanted to move it a bit further.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

we had one of these in the area It was a 2 big man carry. Sony CRTs weighed 50% more because the Trinitons needed extra glass to get the picture right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPytCY4Ssg
    The Sony CRT's became the go to in the CAD world as well and it was my job to drop them off and install them back in the day. Number of times no one on customer site would help and I had to man handle the thing in to the building. Part of the sales and handover was for the customer to confirm the desk could take it after a number desks collapses. H&S wasn't up to much back then.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Those 26" Dynatron Treewood tvs were damned heavy.

They did one with a built in Philips N1500 VCR in the top which must have been even fecking heavier.

How well I remember the joy of lugging one of those things up a staircase with a rightangle half way up.

No wonder I've got a bad back.

Here we go: The Dynatron Sandringham:

https://www.theregister.com/2015/03/...ecades/?page=2

I dread to think how much that fecker weighed, the VCR alone was built of girders.
    we had one of these in the area It was a 2 big man carry. Sony CRTs weighed 50% more because the Trinitons needed extra glass to get the picture right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPytCY4Ssg

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I am from the mentality that my bookcase should be bigger than my TV so only went small which is perfect for a bedroom
    Hope that thinking only goes as far as TV's

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

excellent its a bit rich for me but very cool. I liked the Dynatron idea 30 years ago but time has moved on.
    I am from the mentality that my bookcase should be bigger than my TV so only went small which is perfect for a bedroom

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

In a completly OT moment, I just bought a Samsung Frame for the daughters new bedroom, first time I have splurged on a high end TV in a while and am seriously impressed with it!
    excellent its a bit rich for me but very cool. I liked the Dynatron idea 30 years ago but time has moved on.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    You would be looking for a Dynatron but they went bust.

I prefer this as a modern solution

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...amp=1658226653
    In a completly OT moment, I just bought a Samsung Frame for the daughters new bedroom, first time I have splurged on a high end TV in a while and am seriously impressed with it!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Wind your neck in.

RobertMason's email address is listed as a known spammer from Bangladesh. He isn't our local troll. Just because you saw his account being created around the time Baddish was banned you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

We don't pay you enough

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

EDIT: And to prove my point RobertMason joins less than 30 mins after Baddish is banned.
    Wind your neck in.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

WTFH is getting a bit as well.
    I am, yes.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Those 26" Dynatron Treewood tvs were damned heavy.

They did one with a built in Philips N1500 VCR in the top which must have been even fecking heavier.

How well I remember the joy of lugging one of those things up a staircase with a rightangle half way up.

No wonder I've got a bad back.

Here we go: The Dynatron Sandringham:

https://www.theregister.com/2015/03/...ecades/?page=2

I dread to think how much that fecker weighed, the VCR alone was built of girders.

Turns out the VCR weighs about 18kg, 40lbs, near as dammit.

There's one upstairs, oddly enough.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2022, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X