• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antique TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those 26" Dynatron Treewood tvs were damned heavy.

They did one with a built in Philips N1500 VCR in the top which must have been even fecking heavier.

How well I remember the joy of lugging one of those things up a staircase with a rightangle half way up.

No wonder I've got a bad back.

Here we go: The Dynatron Sandringham:

https://www.theregister.com/2015/03/...ecades/?page=2

I dread to think how much that fecker weighed, the VCR alone was built of girders.

Turns out the VCR weighs about 18kg, 40lbs, near as dammit.

There's one upstairs, oddly enough.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2022, 12:41.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

WTFH is getting a bit as well.
      I am, yes.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

EDIT: And to prove my point RobertMason joins less than 30 mins after Baddish is banned.
        Wind your neck in.

RobertMason's email address is listed as a known spammer from Bangladesh. He isn't our local troll. Just because you saw his account being created around the time Baddish was banned you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Do you know how many spammers per day hit this forum, whose posts you don't see because we keep on top of them?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Wind your neck in.

RobertMason's email address is listed as a known spammer from Bangladesh. He isn't our local troll. Just because you saw his account being created around the time Baddish was banned you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Do you know how many spammers per day hit this forum, whose posts you don't see because we keep on top of them?
          We don't pay you enough
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You would be looking for a Dynatron but they went bust.

I prefer this as a modern solution

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...amp=1658226653
            In a completly OT moment, I just bought a Samsung Frame for the daughters new bedroom, first time I have splurged on a high end TV in a while and am seriously impressed with it!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

In a completly OT moment, I just bought a Samsung Frame for the daughters new bedroom, first time I have splurged on a high end TV in a while and am seriously impressed with it!
              excellent its a bit rich for me but very cool. I liked the Dynatron idea 30 years ago but time has moved on.

Comment

excellent its a bit rich for me but very cool. I liked the Dynatron idea 30 years ago but time has moved on.
                I am from the mentality that my bookcase should be bigger than my TV so only went small which is perfect for a bedroom
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I am from the mentality that my bookcase should be bigger than my TV so only went small which is perfect for a bedroom
                  Hope that thinking only goes as far as TV's
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Those 26" Dynatron Treewood tvs were damned heavy.

They did one with a built in Philips N1500 VCR in the top which must have been even fecking heavier.

How well I remember the joy of lugging one of those things up a staircase with a rightangle half way up.

No wonder I've got a bad back.

Here we go: The Dynatron Sandringham:

https://www.theregister.com/2015/03/...ecades/?page=2

I dread to think how much that fecker weighed, the VCR alone was built of girders.
                    we had one of these in the area It was a 2 big man carry. Sony CRTs weighed 50% more because the Trinitons needed extra glass to get the picture right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPytCY4Ssg

Comment

we had one of these in the area It was a 2 big man carry. Sony CRTs weighed 50% more because the Trinitons needed extra glass to get the picture right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPytCY4Ssg
                      The Sony CRT's became the go to in the CAD world as well and it was my job to drop them off and install them back in the day. Number of times no one on customer site would help and I had to man handle the thing in to the building. Part of the sales and handover was for the customer to confirm the desk could take it after a number desks collapses. H&S wasn't up to much back then.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X