• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antique TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    northernladuk I was enjoying this thread - I wanted to see how many pages it got to.
    Quite a few while people still feed the troll. His dropped phone question is Tech is 5 pages long and he's still got more stupid questions.

I'd sit comfortably and get the popcorn if I were you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post

This is nice but wife prefers mahogony
      this one his hand crafted in mahogany

Click image for larger version

Name:	holzdildo-090403-mahagoni-mahogany-600x400.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	4226640
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

this one his hand crafted in mahogany
        I think she prefers her men as thick as mahogany, not her toys.

Comment

This is nice but wife prefers mahogony
          I heard she preferred ebony wood, as it's much harder and lasts longer.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I currently have none of these things. I am wanting to buy the antique tv already intigrated into an item of antique furniture. Set top box is cheap.
            OK, so if you find a working CRT tv, you'll discover how small the screen is, compared to modern ones.
            Then you'll discover how big the tube is. T
            hen you'll discover that modern houses with big sofas, etc, do not have room for a big TV.
            And then you'll wire it all up and discover that the image is terrible quality because it's 576i (or something like that), and the set top box doesn't display info correctly on the screen.

But hey, if it's what your "wife" wants, then knock yourself out and ignore any advice.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I heard she preferred ebony wood, as it's much harder and lasts longer.
              So it looks like her tulipty TV isn't the only disappointment in her life then.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

OK, so if you find a working CRT tv, you'll discover how small the screen is, compared to modern ones.
                Then you'll discover how big the tube is. T
                hen you'll discover that modern houses with big sofas, etc, do not have room for a big TV.
                And then you'll wire it all up and discover that the image is terrible quality because it's 576i (or something like that), and the set top box doesn't display info correctly on the screen.

But hey, if it's what your "wife" wants, then knock yourself out and ignore any advice.
                We like antique and heritage devices as they look nice in our house and the way we choose to create a theme with these antique.

Comment

We like antique and heritage devices as they look nice in our house and the way we choose to create a theme with these antique.
                  well Nat is getting on a bit maybe you can find room for him?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Baddish (permaban)

Because he made a tiny mistake, that reveals him.
                    Honestly.. He needed a tiny mistake? It was so bloody obivous. How did it take so long?. So the next incarnation will troll the prof forums again, put some inane threads on generally and finally, after multiple reports will finally get banned but not after annoying half the forum.

We need to be better than this. Really annoying.

EDIT: And to prove my point RobertMason joins less than 30 mins after Baddish is banned.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 19 July 2022, 20:02.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Honestly.. He needed a tiny mistake? It was so bloody obivous. How did it take so long?. So the next incarnation will troll the prof forums again, put some inane threads on generally and finally, after multiple reports will finally get banned but not after annoying half the forum.

We need to be better than this. Really annoying.

EDIT: And to prove my point RobertMason joins less than 30 mins after Baddish is banned.
                      WTFH is getting on a bit as well.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X