• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Looking for a graduate/mid level developer, beat place?"

Collapse

• krytonsheep
    replied
    Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post
    Looking to recruit a young, mid level developer, would anyone know how I could possibly find one please?
    Difficult ask, a good mid level developer will typically have decent pay, nice office, good pension and health insurance etc. And also be surrounded by other developers, which is good fun. In terms of work output, in some places it can be totally acceptable to just write one user story a week ( no code).

Leave a comment:

• Guy Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    "Could just afford a contractor but would want them sitting next to me in Harrow, working at least as hard as me."

You offering them 50% shares then?
    Running a business is about risk not work.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

No no. JasonP is better than anyone. Which you'd realise if you'd invest the 321 years it takes to read through one of his posts.
    I always thought you were a quick reader.

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied

Could just afford a contractor but would want them sitting next to me in Harrow, working at least as hard as me.
    Inferring you may well be about to micro-manage your employee and don't want slackers (contractors) who might dare to want to work from home.

I'd leave that part off the job advert, if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• SchumiStars
    replied
    Just a quick bump.

Looks like we are looking for anyone who can do Java, JSP and work on some older type systems.

If anyone is interested, please email me.

With kind regards.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Well, yes. And you're STILL not paying what I'm worth.
    He's paying nothing so he's close

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    Even experts think that they need to learn to keep a good brain.
    I certainly do. i find I learn more quickly and easily now than I did when I was in my 20s and 30s.

Leave a comment:

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    That's your ageism there. Right there.

Do you understand yet?
    I recommend the OP watch as edutainment the well-received BBC drama Marriage for a good advice on ageism. Sean Bean and Nicola Walker are absolutely brilliant in it. Older and wiser. We all started as a beginners. Even experts think that they need to learn to keep a good brain. Good luck with your attitude.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I love how expensive people always say 'you get what you pay for' when you mention they are expensive, but at the same time claim they are better value than the even more expensive people.
    Well, yes. And you're STILL not paying what I'm worth.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

And then there is Fraidycat who is the most expensive but still the best value as he's infinitely better than everyone else and can do it 10x faster than anyone else.
    No no. JasonP is better than anyone. Which you'd realise if you'd invest the 321 years it takes to read through one of his posts.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

And then there is Fraidycat who is the most expensive but still the best value as he's infinitely better than everyone else and can do it 10x faster than anyone else.
    an expensive Bob Shawaddywaddi though....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I love how expensive people always say 'you get what you pay for' when you mention they are expensive, but at the same time claim they are better value than the even more expensive people.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you want an expensive solution get cheap people in to do it - [NLUK - 2022]

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Do you understand yet?
    It's a stereotype that would statistically be right. A bit like "women aren't as physically strong as men" is true in the general sense - it's not sexist to say that but it would be sexist to not give a female applicant to a physical job an equal opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    There is certainly nothing to do with agism. If it a perfect world, I would love a wise, mature head. Unfortunately these usually come with high salaries and without sounding too negative, an attitude that whereby they are working for just the paycheck.

Do you understand yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X