• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a graduate/mid level developer, beat place?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I love how expensive people always say 'you get what you pay for' when you mention they are expensive, but at the same time claim they are better value than the even more expensive people.
    And then there is Fraidycat who is the most expensive but still the best value as he's infinitely better than everyone else and can do it 10x faster than anyone else.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

And then there is Fraidycat who is the most expensive but still the best value as he's infinitely better than everyone else and can do it 10x faster than anyone else.
      an expensive Bob Shawaddywaddi though....

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

No no. JasonP is better than anyone. Which you'd realise if you'd invest the 321 years it takes to read through one of his posts.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I love how expensive people always say 'you get what you pay for' when you mention they are expensive, but at the same time claim they are better value than the even more expensive people.
          Well, yes. And you're STILL not paying what I'm worth.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            That's your ageism there. Right there.

Do you understand yet?
            I recommend the OP watch as edutainment the well-received BBC drama Marriage for a good advice on ageism. Sean Bean and Nicola Walker are absolutely brilliant in it. Older and wiser. We all started as a beginners. Even experts think that they need to learn to keep a good brain. Good luck with your attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
              Even experts think that they need to learn to keep a good brain.
              I certainly do. i find I learn more quickly and easily now than I did when I was in my 20s and 30s.

Comment

Well, yes. And you're STILL not paying what I'm worth.
                He's paying nothing so he's close
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just a quick bump.

Looks like we are looking for anyone who can do Java, JSP and work on some older type systems.

If anyone is interested, please email me.

With kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

Could just afford a contractor but would want them sitting next to me in Harrow, working at least as hard as me.
                    Inferring you may well be about to micro-manage your employee and don't want slackers (contractors) who might dare to want to work from home.

I'd leave that part off the job advert, if I were you.

Comment

No no. JasonP is better than anyone. Which you'd realise if you'd invest the 321 years it takes to read through one of his posts.
                      I always thought you were a quick reader.

Comment

Working...
                      X