• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

MPhasis is owned by HP. In fact when I was contracting for AIGSS - AIG insurer's IT division, AIG is a big daddy of Insurers in the US, MPhasis acquired AIGSS.
    Nope MPhasis are owned by Private Equity since HP sold in 2016 - its now mainly owned by BlackStone Group see Mphasis - Wikipedia

It wouldn't be so bad but I pointed this out 4 posts ago...

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Mphasis is not a recruitment agency, they are company like Tsys, HCL etc, just much smaller and at least until early this year they were doing a lot of work for HP. I know because I was thinking I was applying for a contract at HP and it turned out I had to work for Mphasis after the second interview. I told them to F.O for wasting my time and keeping me in the dark about this.
    MPhasis is owned by HP. In fact when I was contracting for AIGSS - AIG insurer's IT division, AIG is a big daddy of Insurers in the US, MPhasis acquired AIGSS.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    another one for the list:

Mphasis
    Mphasis is not a recruitment agency, they are company like Tsys, HCL etc, just much smaller and at least until early this year they were doing a lot of work for HP. I know because I was thinking I was applying for a contract at HP and it turned out I had to work for Mphasis after the second interview. I told them to F.O for wasting my time and keeping me in the dark about this.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Because cheap, poorly skilled US and UK techs were the foundation of EDS / HP..
    my 1st contract was with them. The 'lifers' were truly awful.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

I didn't know EDS had any involvement in Mphasis.
    I wonder what made them think combining the worst management (EDS/HP) with the worst workers (cheap, poorly skilled Indian techs), would ever make a successful business.
    Because cheap, poorly skilled US and UK techs were the foundation of EDS / HP..

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Yep, the ownership by EDS / HP rather screwed their expansion options when everyone else was massively expanding.
    I didn't know EDS had any involvement in Mphasis.
    I wonder what made them think combining the worst management (EDS/HP) with the worst workers (cheap, poorly skilled Indian techs), would ever make a successful business.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Mphasis, sounds like a cheap Infosys wannabe

And Google say:

Infosys revenue 1 Trillon Rupees
    Mphasis revenue 100 Billion Rupees
    Yep, the ownership by EDS / HP rather screwed their expansion options when everyone else was massively expanding.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Mphasis, sounds like a cheap Infosys wannabe

And Google say:

Infosys revenue 1 Trillon Rupees
    Mphasis revenue 100 Billion Rupees

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

Mphasis
    Would have thought everyone knew what they were - it was the Indian partner for EDS / HP for years..

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

Mphasis

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    Calls from these Indian companies are becoming intolerable. Such a waste of time.

Which UK Companies actually use their services/data? Should be named and shamed!
    From a clients point of view they can sometimes be better.

They will bend over for the client and do the needful when UK agents might not.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

where have you been for the last 20 years?

Absolutely tulip loads of UK companies use Indian outsourced services. Especially for development. There probably isn't a company in the FTSE-250 who don't. And I'd be surprised if any of the largest 5,000 companies don't or haven't.
    So what do you think you'll benefit by naming them?
    +1 - why do you think we tell anyone asking for advice to move up the skillset (from developer to architect) and to do customer facing roles that can't be done remotely (yes I know about Covid but think longer term).

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    Calls from these Indian companies are becoming intolerable. Such a waste of time.

Which UK Companies actually use their services/data? Should be named and shamed!
    where have you been for the last 20 years?

Absolutely tulip loads of UK companies use Indian outsourced services. Especially for development. There probably isn't a company in the FTSE-250 who don't. And I'd be surprised if any of the largest 5,000 companies don't or haven't.
    So what do you think you'll benefit by naming them?

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied

Last edited by hgllgh; 20 July 2021, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• patson1972
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    This seems to happening more and more this year.

I had calls from Arrows Group UK, which I have now blocked, where their people have poor English: "When you make the CV", "If you would be fine", "you can reply me back"
    I don't want this agency to represent my contracting business. It seems like they have outsourced their recruitment consultants.

And then this morning I had an email from a different company outfit supposedly based in Harrow, HA1, London. They also had an office based in India Pty as advertised on the email signature.
    The email was about a ____ developer job in central London for 6 months. So I thought okay, goody.

So I started reading:

The job description text appeared all in blue in my Gmail, and at the bottom of the email it read:

It was complete spam. I just thought this was basic-level bottom of the pyramid stuff. They obviously grabbed my details from JobSite or CWJobs website, because I am looking, but I now believe that this trend of clipper cheap-as-chips cowboy building contractor is very real. Somebody else out there falling for the hook like a fish and it ain't me.

See also the thread State of the Market from a few weeks ago!
    dabster does not have any contact person in Ireland, issue with payment time frame, They use UK numbers + 44 while being in India misleading people. <mod snip> is very abusive, does not care about laws in Ireland. Their contact method is whatsup with Indian numbers. they were already other victims, please check forums

Leave a comment:

Working...
X