• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

...." and "would I sit next to you for a beer". I'd argue both of those are more important than knowing what artefacts go into a scrum ceremony.
    My current contract started on that basis several years ago, with some people I'd happily go for a beer with (and the feeling was mutual). Which was a refreshing change from previous contracts.

I do wonder if this social characteristic is still prized by interviewers for roles that are predominantly remote, or if the tendency these days is to select on a transactional basis.

If transactional, then that suggests we are moving closer to the Indian system integrator recruiting model.
    ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by lecyclist View Post
      I do wonder if this social characteristic is still prized by interviewers for roles that are predominantly remote, or if the tendency these days is to select on a transactional basis.
      I just bagged a contract predominantly remote (1 day a month in the office) and the first thing the interviewer said to me was how relieved he was that I was doing the zoom interview dressed in a t-shirt rather than the suit and tie of the folks he had interviewed until then. He was wearing a t-shirt as well so I guess that's your social connection right there.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

I just bagged a contract predominantly remote (1 day a month in the office) and the first thing the interviewer said to me was how relieved he was that I was doing the zoom interview dressed in a t-shirt rather than the suit and tie of the folks he had interviewed until then. He was wearing a t-shirt as well so I guess that's your social connection right there.
        Did you have trousers on?

At a previous client, one of the managers was a bit of an arse and would ask interviewees to prove they were fully dressed by standing up.

Comment

Originally posted by lecyclist View Post

My current contract started on that basis several years ago, with some people I'd happily go for a beer with (and the feeling was mutual). Which was a refreshing change from previous contracts.

If transactional, then that suggests we are moving closer to the Indian system integrator recruiting model.
          The Beer Test is still king in my view as I have to sit on Teams calls with such people every day - and I'd rather sit on a call with someone I get on with on a personal level than a robot "head of BA" scrum master or similar.

And sure enough, when everyone met up after 2 years of remote, you knew exactly which ones you'd like to have a beer with.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I have found that in interviews conducted from India the interviewers tend to ask questions incredibly specific to the language/framework/platform in question rather than try to determine the candidates level of competence and experience.

It leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling that the interviewers don't really know what they are talking about.
            I was interviewed a couple of years ago by a person who clearly had a pre-printed question list that he read out. He'd very little idea what he was talking about.
            After a couple of questions, he asked a very specific question that I recognised. I replied with "The answer on your sheet will be something like the following, but it's wrong. I then told him what was on his sheet. I started to tell him that it would only work in theory, never in practice. I went into a bit of detail as to why, but he said I had given the correct answer at first and didn't need to say anything else.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi, Has anyone found work through these Indian recruitment agents? Particularly interested in hyreU and LSA ?

Comment

Lancesoft appear to fit the profile. Spoofed London number, crackly line etc.

Comment

Crackly line, pause before picking up... "hellooooo?"

I don't know if even these have dried up or if I've blocked them all now
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    Crackly line, pause before picking up... "hellooooo?"

I don't know if even these have dried up or if I've blocked them all now
                    Today is Wednesday 26th April 2023, I thought it started well and phone calls were coming in.
                    Sadly it was eTeam with multiple 0203-XYZ / 0204-XYZ telephone numbers. Sigh.
                    Poor contact rates, a maximum £375 per day for a React Java fullstack software engineer got to be security cleared. Beyond a joke. 2 days Hybrid to Farnborough. What?! No. Of course not, I live 125 miles away. Maybe this should be in State of the Market thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X