• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK"

Collapse

• kloos
    replied
    I got a call last week from Hirexa stating to offer me a contract at a government based organisation in the UK but they need my ID within the hour. Alarm bells rang as it was clearly an Indian call centre. I do a bit of research and they are not on TrustPilot and there are a few posts saying scam company. They asked whether I could commute to the location on the south coast so clearly don't know the UK as I live in the NW. They called me back about 4 times trying to get my information and in the end I blocked the number.

A few days later someone from the UK called stating to be from the same company. So I called the "government organisation" to check whether it was legit and they told me that they never use agencies to recruit staff and always recruit using the in-house team and that I wasn't the first person to call them with the same question that week. The UK based guy told me this was rubbish and showed me a screenshot of the email he sent to name@gov.uk so I search for the person on LinkedIn and he doesn't exist.

Very tempting as the job sounded good, but too many suspicious links, so no thank-you.

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    J C Associates

In recent years they've been spamming me from 100% indian named operatives. As recently as 2019 they had English named agents.
    Why do I think they're now an Indian agency? Some of them haven't even bothered to update their email signatures.

I've swapped the agents name with a fake name. Everything else is real.
    I get exactly the same. As if there isn't enough time wasting in job searching already these days.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    J C Associates

In recent years they've been spamming me from 100% indian named operatives. As recently as 2019 they had English named agents.
    Why do I think they're now an Indian agency? Some of them haven't even bothered to update their email signatures.

Greetings Cheeseslice,

My name is Rajpal and I am a Sr. Technical Recruiter at eTeam Inc. eTeam Inc is a global contingency staffing firm servicing fortune 1000 clients across North America, Europe, and Asia. We have an excellent job opportunity with one of our clients.

blah blah

Sincerely yours,
    Rajpal
    Sr. Technical Recruiter
    eTeam Inc.
    rajpal@j-c-associates.co.uk
    I've swapped the agents name with a fake name. Everything else is real.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Page 32 was last update from BigDataPro.

qh
    this thread's a waste of time and should be retired.
    Along with 'state of the market'.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Page 32 was last update from BigDataPro.

qh

Leave a comment:

• hgllgh
    replied
    Shouldn't this be a 'sticky' post with the main list of these time wasters on the first page so people can easily reference? That last list I believe was updated on page 26 of the post:-

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ing-uk-26.html

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Had a chap from Avance Consulting last week want my CV as they had a role that was perfect fit.

I asked if it was freelance and outside IR35.

No, he replied "it is permanent and INSIDE IR35 as well"

Nasty, imagine the tax you'd be fleeced for?

qh

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

MPhasis is owned by HP. In fact when I was contracting for AIGSS - AIG insurer's IT division, AIG is a big daddy of Insurers in the US, MPhasis acquired AIGSS.
    Nope MPhasis are owned by Private Equity since HP sold in 2016 - its now mainly owned by BlackStone Group see Mphasis - Wikipedia

It wouldn't be so bad but I pointed this out 4 posts ago...

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Mphasis is not a recruitment agency, they are company like Tsys, HCL etc, just much smaller and at least until early this year they were doing a lot of work for HP. I know because I was thinking I was applying for a contract at HP and it turned out I had to work for Mphasis after the second interview. I told them to F.O for wasting my time and keeping me in the dark about this.
    MPhasis is owned by HP. In fact when I was contracting for AIGSS - AIG insurer's IT division, AIG is a big daddy of Insurers in the US, MPhasis acquired AIGSS.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    another one for the list:

Mphasis
    Mphasis is not a recruitment agency, they are company like Tsys, HCL etc, just much smaller and at least until early this year they were doing a lot of work for HP. I know because I was thinking I was applying for a contract at HP and it turned out I had to work for Mphasis after the second interview. I told them to F.O for wasting my time and keeping me in the dark about this.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Because cheap, poorly skilled US and UK techs were the foundation of EDS / HP..
    my 1st contract was with them. The 'lifers' were truly awful.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

I didn't know EDS had any involvement in Mphasis.
    I wonder what made them think combining the worst management (EDS/HP) with the worst workers (cheap, poorly skilled Indian techs), would ever make a successful business.
    Because cheap, poorly skilled US and UK techs were the foundation of EDS / HP..

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Yep, the ownership by EDS / HP rather screwed their expansion options when everyone else was massively expanding.
    I didn't know EDS had any involvement in Mphasis.
    I wonder what made them think combining the worst management (EDS/HP) with the worst workers (cheap, poorly skilled Indian techs), would ever make a successful business.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Mphasis, sounds like a cheap Infosys wannabe

And Google say:

Infosys revenue 1 Trillon Rupees
    Mphasis revenue 100 Billion Rupees
    Yep, the ownership by EDS / HP rather screwed their expansion options when everyone else was massively expanding.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Mphasis, sounds like a cheap Infosys wannabe

And Google say:

Infosys revenue 1 Trillon Rupees
    Mphasis revenue 100 Billion Rupees

Leave a comment:

Working...
X