• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twice they have tried to transfer the phone line from VirginMedia. I'm not with VirginMedia and PlusNet has already taken the money from me to install a conventional phone line.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It is five days since I placed the order with PlusNet. Three times this week on three different days they have phoned me to say they can now process my order.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If I just give each of the neighbours £10 a month to tell me their WiFi broadband passwords, I could have a comprehensive and robust WiFi cloud for about the same price as I am having trouble getting from proper suppliers.

Comment

Why is everything crap? And those things that aren't crap get outsourced to India to become crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            It is five days since I placed the order with PlusNet. Three times this week on three different days they have phoned me to say they can now process my order.
            Try posting on the PlusNet UserGroup forums. They seem to have UK based people keeping an eye on them and taking action when service slips.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Thank you for that link. I have had a quick skim through the threads. Had I looked on there first, I'd probably have gone elsewhere, like Zen.

Comment

I do not recall every hearing anything exciting on Plod FM.
                Or me either... <spit, crackle, hiss.... bd to zed victor one, come in zed victor one>

Comment

Oh, lordy. That brought the 1970s flooding back.

I seem to remember the 1970s as a time of optimism, sunny summers, tulipe Merkin TV and no money. Is that me getting old?
                  I had no money coz I spent most of it on astoundingly expensive Hi-Fi...

The £600 Revox A700 was the pinnacle of uselessness...

Comment

HOW MUCH??? Surely not?
                    Oh yessssss....

Comment

I once ordered a telephone line, just a telephone line, from BT. They sent a nice letter thanking me for ordering the phone line and broadband . I phoned up and told them I didn't order broadband and they said "Fine, no broadband".

The phone line got connected, everything was fine and then I tried to order broadband from Be. "There's already broadband on the line" they told me. "Can't be", I said, "I've only just got the line connected". "Nope, definitely got BT broadband on there" they told me. I was starting to by this point.

It became apparent that BT had cancelled the payment for broadband but not the actual broadband connection so it was blocking the line. I called them to explain but, because I wasn't paying for it, they claimed I didn't have it. I was at this point.

After several months(!) of this nonsense I managed to get someone to disconnect a non-existant broadband connection so I could order it from the provider I wanted. During this time I spent many hours on hold with BT, got disconnected many times and even got connected to an incoming call from another customer! Needless to say, if I can possibly avoid having anything to do with BT I will do.

So, in conclusion RC, it's not just you this sort of thing happens to. It still makes me even now.

Comment

Working...
                      X