• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Best of luck with that, old chap...
    WHS

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Hello, FaQQer.
      WHS.

Byeeee

Cat waiting for cuddle...

Comment

Greetings denizens

My room was cleaned today by the cleaner who switches the television to 4music. It always confuses me when I turn it on expecting Radio 4.

Of course, you might think it strange that the radio comes out of the television. I however do not.

In the Sixties, my parents owned a television that also acted as a radio (and had these nice slatted blinds you could draw across the screen when you weren't using it as a telly).

In those days the telly came via VHF, and the Home, Light and Third via Medium and Long Waves. The telly became obsolete when the VHF TV signal was turned off. Of course, one could still get the wireless, but that wasn't good enough for us

But at least my earliest childhood prepared me for the twenty-first century when, once again, the radio comes out of the television

Comment

I'm going to have to take my rice-filled swelling to bed for a lie down.

You know you've had a big dinner when you wake up the next morning still stuffed!
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            My room was cleaned today by the cleaner who switches the television to 4music.
            It took me a good two minutes to realise the word "hotel" was missing before "room".

It always confuses me when I turn it on expecting Radio 4.
            I'm not surprised. If I was expecting some privacy with Charlotte Green in the middle of the night and got Andi Peters staring at me, I'd be a bit confused, too.

Of course, you might think it strange that the radio comes out of the television. I however do not.
            I frequently listen to Radio 7 on the PC. Narny, narny, nah, nah. I'm cool. I'm hip. I'm down and with it. I even know what tapecity is (since last night).

In the Sixties, my parents owned a television that also acted as a radio
            Is it my imagination, or do I recall our old black and white, two-knob telly being able to pick up the Police at one end of one of the frequencies?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

morning all

Comment

Firefox on m desktop has got its knickers in a twist. Too many addons managing sessions. Know it has lost all its tabs and there are no sessions to be restored.

That is very slightly very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  morning all

Comment

not at all. i often listen to the radio on the tv. i sometimes listen to it on the pc and sometimes on my phone. each of these instances is most likely to be tuning into tms. the car radios are all set to r4 (for me) and other stations that i don't listen to for the rest of the family. unless they are in the car with me. in which case i do.

Comment

Is it my imagination, or do I recall our old black and white, two-knob telly being able to pick up the Police at one end of one of the frequencies?
                      if it is imagination it must be mine too.

Comment

Working...
                      X